Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Mens Fantasy Camp

Bookmark and Share

2007 Mens Fantasy Camp

http://news.steelers.com
    Attention Steelers Fans!! If you ever wanted to fulfill your dream of experiencing Steelers Training Camp for a weekend, this is your chance!

Registration is now open for the fifth annual Steelers Men's Fantasy Camp as we celebrate our 75th year in the NFL!

The Pittsburgh Steelers invite you to join us at Steelers Training Camp at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe from Friday June 1 - Sunday June 3. Included in this dream weekend is a tour of Heinz Field in Pittsburgh on Friday afternoon at either 12:00 or 2:00 pm. Registration will begin at 5:00 pm at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe, PA.

We will have Steelers Alumni Dermontti Dawson, Levon Kirkland, Dwayne Woodruff, Randy Grossman, Matt Bahr, Edmund Nelson, Tunch Ilkin, Craig Wolfley and others conducting two on field practices on Saturday with a Saturday evening banquet featuring new Pittsburgh Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin as our guest speaker.
    Anybody every been to this? I would like to go sometime... maybe when my boy gets older

House of Steel
    OMG, how much does this cost? I really want to go to these things.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Im seriously considering going to this, it would be a dream come true for me. Ive tried to go in previous years but schedules never worked out for me. Any other SA members want to try it with me ?
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 02-26-2007 at 07:17 PM.

House of Steel
    I wish I could if I had the money and a ride for sure. If I go, I need to lose some of this beer gut for sure. LMAO.

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    OMG, how much does this cost? I really want to go to these things.
    Quoting the article:

Your cost for this all inclusive weekend is the same as last year at $499 per person!
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Talking to the wife we're really going to try and get me here if possible. The tax return should be here soon so assuming everything goes as planned perhaps I'll get a shot to go.

House of Steel
    $500, OH MAN. *Sniffs* No way my wife would let me go.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's not something you'd normally do every year unless you can afford it, but Im really we can work it out.

House of Steel
    It would take a miracle to get $500. MAN!!!

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Fine

Men's Fantasy Camp a Hit

http://news.steelers.com/article/77084/

Steelers Men's Fantasy Camp A Hit
    Friday, June 8, 2007

Coach Tomlin, Dermontti Dawson and Levon Kirkland highlight fifth annual Pittsburgh Steelers Men's Fantasy Camp presented by Rolling Rock

The 75th Anniversary edition of the Steelers Men's Fantasy Camp presented by Rolling Rock was held at Saint VincentCollege in Latrobe from Friday June 1 - Sunday June 3. This fifth annual event featured a record 265 participants from 31 states across the US, Canada and Germany. Yes – Germany – John Chiffy is currently stationed in Germany and flew to Pittsburgh just to be part of this event along with 11 participants from California, 8 from Arizona and 7 from the states of Washington and Oregon. The provinces of Alberta and Ontario in Canada were represented as well.

The weather was perfect for Steelers Training Camp – temperatures was in the high 80's with high humidity typical of mid-July in the LaurelHighlands. All campers received a gift bag full of Steelers 75th Anniversary items along with being issued their own Steelers Training Camp jersey with their name and choice of numbers on it during registration. Participants had an opportunity to mingle with former Steelers and learn the finer points of football on the field as well as the classroom.

This year's event featured Steelers Alumni Dermontti Dawson, Levon Kirkland, Dwayne Woodruff, Mike Tomczak, Randy Grossman, Matt Bahr, Edmund Nelson, Tunch Ilkin and Craig Wolfley. The former Steelers greats conducted two on field practices on Saturday with a "Team Meeting" sandwiched between the practices conducted by current Steelers Defensive Line Coach John Mitchell and Wide Receivers Coach Randy Fichtner in the classroom.

One of the weekend's highlights was the Saturday evening banquet featuring Training Camp stories from each Alumni and new Pittsburgh Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin as the guest speaker. Coach Tomlin was very excited to communicate to everyone what it meant to be the new Steelers Head Coach. He was also able to experience the Steelers Nation at its best while listening to memorable Training Camp stories from the Steelers Alumni. These types of gatherings are what make the Pittsburgh Steelers so special with its great, loyal fans.

On Sunday each camper participated in three individual on field Skills Competition with prizes being awarded in three separate age groups. Many prize giveaways were held all during the weekend.

There was a special Steelers Men's Fantasy Camp Fan Hall of Fame presentation Friday evening with seven campers who have participated in all five Steelers Men's Fantasy Camps. They include:
    Andy Barrett – Edmund, OK
    Jon Boyers – Harrisonburg, VA
    David Dornack – Akron, OH
    Don Galla – Smithsburg, MD
    Tom Pisano – Belle Isle, FLA
    Donald Schwartz – Port Charlotte, FLA
    Shawn Spinda – Ashland, KY.

Unfortunately as the weekend came to a close, there were no signings to the current Steelers roster from the 265 Men's Fantasy Campers. What were left was great memories from an incredible weekend that will be captured on a DVD sent to everyone and the "Wait Until Next Year" slogan for all.
    Thought you men might wanna read that

Thread Information