Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL: 3 strikes and you're out?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

NFL: 3 strikes and you're out?

I was listening to "the herd" on espnradio about an hour ago and he was talking about John Clayton reporting from Indy that Roger Goodell, Gene Upshaw and several others have been considering a "3 strikes and you're out" rule for the NFL.

There's alot to discuss and decide on yet but if it happens this could go a long way to helping the NFL keep it's overall good reputation as a sports business and uphold all the great tradition that's been built for so long. The main thing being discussed now is what exactly constitutes a strike against you. There's alot of gray areas to decide on but overall I think it would be really good for our league to implement.

My Mood
    Horny
    yeah i would have to agree with that i mean these guys are making millions of dollars and an top of that they can get away with murder cough ray lewis cough i know the steelers have always been a no non sense organazation remember eirc green?

Gold Standard

How would the Bungals field a team?

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I was listening to "the herd" on espnradio about an hour ago and he was talking about John Clayton reporting from Indy that Roger Goodell, Gene Upshaw and several others have been considering a "3 strikes and you're out" rule for the NFL.

There's alot to discuss and decide on yet but if it happens this could go a long way to helping the NFL keep it's overall good reputation as a sports business and uphold all the great tradition that's been built for so long. The main thing being discussed now is what exactly constitutes a strike against you. There's alot of gray areas to decide on but overall I think it would be really good for our league to implement.
    Would they give out compensatory picks to those teams whose rosters are decimated by the courts?
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

I would be all for this! I'm sure the Bengals are too although this means they could lose some players especially if they go retroactive with this new plan!

Did they give any other details? For example, if there name is brought up in a homicide case does that count as a strike? Or do they have to be charged?

My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Would they give out compensatory picks to those teams whose rosters are decimated by the courts?

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    I would be all for this! I'm sure the Bengals are too although this means they could lose some players especially if they go retroactive with this new plan!

Did they give any other details? For example, if there name is brought up in a homicide case does that count as a strike? Or do they have to be charged?
    I haven't seen any specifics, but I would hope theyhave to be actually charged.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler
    They were talking about that and what exactly would be considered a strike against you. Examples like, do you have to be convicted of something before it's a strike, or do strikes count even if you're just charged...

at least it would free up some cap room for them...

It's a shame they even have to consider somehting like this, with the amount of money these guys make you would think they would have enough brains to keep out of trouble. Hell they could hire someone to get in trouble for them...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Angry
    I think the NFL should just make a flat out if you're arrested 3 times on any combination of any serious crimes---Drugs, assault, shootings, brandishing firearms, public disturbances and even DUI's then you're gone.
    No Questions Asked and No Appeals To Be Made-You're History in the NFL
    A Player Conduct Death Penalty.

In order for these idiots to "Get It" the NFL has to hit them where it hurts and that's in there wallets.
    Make the possibility of taking away there careers and losing millions and millions of dollars a reality..........that's something even the most clueless jerk in the league could understand.

The first example should be made with Pacman Jones.
    Make him the poster child of what happens when you decide to act like a Jack-*** off the field.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Right on !

It's not a right to work for the NFL and be a player of a team, it's a privilege that 99.9999999999% of America will never get the chance to do so taking it lightly by acting like a complete idiot off the field shouldn't be tolerated.

Thread Information