Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If we have a second 3rd round pick: Offense or Defense?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I wish this draft was deeper with offensive lineman, that would make things alittle easier to deal with but there's a significant drop off after the likes of Joe Thomas and Levi Brown are gone. Aaron Sears and Ben Grubbs from what Ive seen will be gone late first or early second.

There are several good OL to be had in the second round so if we do get Spencer in the first it would behoove us to take a lineman in the 2nd IMO.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I wish this draft was deeper with offensive lineman, that would make things alittle easier to deal with but there's a significant drop off after the likes of Joe Thomas and Levi Brown are gone. Aaron Sears and Ben Grubbs from what Ive seen will be gone late first or early second.

There are several good OL to be had in the second round so if we do get Spencer in the first it would behoove us to take a lineman in the 2nd IMO.
    This is what I hope happens to the Steelers Oline.

Max Starks is resigned and shows this year that he is a really good RT. Then Colon wins the RG spot. Then Marvin Philip beats out Okobi/Simmons at center and shows he can play in the NFL. We all know Smith and Faneca will start on the left side. If all of this happens then the Steelers won't need no Oline help.

I know thats asking alot.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post

Max Starks is resigned and shows this year that he is a really good RT. Then Colon wins the RG spot. Then Marvin Philip beats out Okobi/Simmons at center and shows he can play in the NFL. We all know Smith and Faneca will start on the left side. If all of this happens then the Steelers won't need no Oline help.

If Starks knees hold up also, hes had knee injuries the past 2 seasons. He needs to use his size to HIS advantage, damn if he could just figure that out, what is he 6'7-8" 330-340? C'mon Max!!!

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    If Starks knees hold up also, hes had knee injuries the past 2 seasons. He needs to use his size to HIS advantage, damn if he could just figure that out, what is he 6'7-8" 330-340? C'mon Max!!!
    I know man Max just fustrates me so much. He has that size and he should dominate. What sucks is he seems like such a good guy and I hate being hard on the guy. I hope he can turn it around.

For his size he should be dominate !

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post

Here's my version.

Smith and Faneca - no brainer here, they start.

Simmons wins the Center battle - he's got a mean streak on the field and he may just be be more suited for Center than we think.

Kemoeatu wins the RG job - This guy is one mean dude on the field, definitely brings a toughness and tenacity on the field.

Colon & Starks battle it out and may be the best man win. The one that doesnt' is a prime backup and our depth issues are alot less evident now.

Either way I just want to see our current guys step and seize the opportunity they've been given now.

Good possibilty TG,,,,,,,, I kinda believe Chukki will be our center and Colon will beat out starks !

My Mood
    Addicted
    Here's my version.

Simmons wins the Center battle - he's got a mean streak on the field and he may just be be more suited for Center than we think.

Kemoeatu wins the RG job - This guy is one mean dude on the field, definitely brings a toughness and tenacity on the field.

Colon & Starks battle it out and may be the best man win. The one that doesnt' is a prime backup and our depth issues are alot less evident now.
    I can see that playing out unless Phillips or Okobi do something dramatic at C in training camp. Colon winning the RT spot would maybe give Starks something to think about.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Mad
    Here's my version.

Either way I just want to see our current guys step and seize the opportunity they've been given now.
    The thing is Top before Philip went on his morman mission he was regarded a very good center. So I hope he can regain his form. Plus I read the Steelers coaches like Philip alot. What I mean he is athletic enough to pull and other things the Steelers like in their centers.

I wouldn't mind Simmons winning the centers spot. I think thats the best move for him really. I want Starks to turn it around and then have Colon at RG. But if Kemoeatu wins the RG spot then thats alright to.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Philip, Okobi, and Simmons could make for one helluva battle at Center that should benefit us greatly with all 3 of those guys fighting for the spot. The competition should be fierce and unlike much of what we've seen over the last 15 years of watching our guys in camp.

If he regains his form and wins that job, then more power to him and we'll have decent depth behind him should something happen too. I wonder which would be more adept at Center between Philip and Simmons ? Simmons just doesn't seem to do well at guard, but at Center he'll be pulling just as much if not more in running situations so we'll have to see how it goes.

Thread Information