Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anthony Spencer a good fit?

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

It is a stretch but a possibility!

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    that would be one hell of a day one, but yeah, bush will be long gone by the time we pick in the third........
    RB 1 Adrian Peterson JR 6-1.5/225/4.50 Oklahoma Palestine, TX
    RB 2 Marshawn Lynch JR 5-10.5/220/4.55 California Oakland, CA
    RB 3 Antonio Pittman JR 5-11/200/4.50 Ohio State Akron, OH
    RB 4 Tony Hunt SR 6-0/225/4.55 Penn State Alexandria, VA
    RB 5 Lorenzo Booker SR 5-11/195/- Florida State Ventura, CA
    RB 6 Brandon Jackson JR 5-11/210/- Nebraska Horn Lake, MS
    RB 7 Kenny Irons SR 5-11/200/- Auburn Dacula, GA
    RB 8 Michael Bush SR 6-2/250/- Louisville Louisville, KY
    RB 9 Jason Snelling SR 5-11/233/- Virginia Chesterfield, VA
    RB 10 Gary Russell JR 5-11/195/- Minnesota Columbus, OH

With Bush being ranked this low on the RB list I believe its possible that he could fall to us. Hunt is the guy who I feel we have no shot at! With DE/OLB and OL the priorities in the first 2 rounds..........no way Hunt falls to the 3rd round!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Gold Standard

Back to the topic!

Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    I would rather have Spencer over Okoye right now the way it is going.

As much as I really love Okoye......Spencer better fills our needs! If Okoye is there at 15 that would be a really tough decision! Im sure Tomlin would love to have that decision to make!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I agree, Bush may be gone by the time we pick in the 3rd round but if we could put together a couple early day 2 picks we might be able to move up alittle in the 2nd or 3rd. .

If we got that lineup on Day 1 the SA Draft day party will be toasting a huge success !

Gold Standard

3 veterans hoping against picking Spencer!

Tony Pashos, Willie Anderson and Nat Dorsey are 3 guys who are probably praying that the Steelers choose an O-lineman first instead of a OLB. They are the starting right tackles for the Ravens, Bengals and Browns who would have to deal with Spencers speed rush twice a year. No doubt they would rather gameplan for Clarke Haggans!

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    RB 1 Adrian Peterson JR 6-1.5/225/4.50 Oklahoma Palestine, TX
    RB 2 Marshawn Lynch JR 5-10.5/220/4.55 California Oakland, CA
    RB 3 Antonio Pittman JR 5-11/200/4.50 Ohio State Akron, OH
    RB 4 Tony Hunt SR 6-0/225/4.55 Penn State Alexandria, VA
    RB 5 Lorenzo Booker SR 5-11/195/- Florida State Ventura, CA
    RB 6 Brandon Jackson JR 5-11/210/- Nebraska Horn Lake, MS
    RB 7 Kenny Irons SR 5-11/200/- Auburn Dacula, GA
    RB 8 Michael Bush SR 6-2/250/- Louisville Louisville, KY
    RB 9 Jason Snelling SR 5-11/233/- Virginia Chesterfield, VA
    RB 10 Gary Russell JR 5-11/195/- Minnesota Columbus, OH

With Bush being ranked this low on the RB list I believe its possible that he could fall to us. Hunt is the guy who I feel we have no shot at! With DE/OLB and OL the priorities in the first 2 rounds..........no way Hunt falls to the 3rd round!
    Bush could raise his stock in the combines. He has to show his leg is fully healed, if he can run a good 40, he'll move into the top 5. I like Spencer for our 15th pick whether people think we're reaching or not. If he can come in and be a solid contributor to the Defense from the start all the reaching talk will be long forgotten. Why take a chance on someone else taking him if we drop down just so it doesn't look like we're reaching.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Gold Standard

Injuries can make teams hesitant to pull trigger

We have all seen stars projected in the first round drop several rounds because teams were scared of whether the player would be ready to immediately contribute because of the injury they were coming off of! Question is: if we have already secured Anthony Spencer in the first round and say Justin Blalock in the second........would you want Bush if he is still there? I say, YES! Even if he has not completely regained all his strength, speed or agility......we have Davenport who could spell MB until he was all the way back! We could work him into the offense slowly.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    We have all seen stars projected in the first round drop several rounds because teams were scared of whether the player would be ready to immediately contribute because of the injury they were coming off of! Question is: if we have already secured Anthony Spencer in the first round and say Justin Blalock in the second........would you want Bush if he is still there? I say, YES! Even if he has not completely regained all his strength, speed or agility......we have Davenport who could spell MB until he was all the way back! We could work him into the offense slowly.
    I'm in totall agreement with Spencer, Blalock and Bush. Like you said Bush can take his time until he is ready. With Willie Parker as the starter and with a good chance Dookie being resigned its not like Bush will have to carry the load for the Steelers running game.

Thread Information