Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Spencer a good fit?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I watched Anthony Spencer many times this past year and everytime I watched he always made a play at least thats what it seemed. I started the talk of the Steelers drafting Spencer so I'm all for it.
    I was gonna ask you how it started. I knew of him being a fan of the Big Ten, but he never really stood out until I re-watched the Penn State/Purdue game from this past season. I watched Spencer every snap and he was impressive.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BB2W View Post
    I was gonna ask you how it started. I knew of him being a fan of the Big Ten, but he never really stood out until I re-watched the Penn State/Purdue game from this past season. I watched Spencer every snap and he was impressive.
    I live in Big 10 country. So I was able to watch alot of Purdue games. I just like the fact that it seemed he was always doing something positive. Dude I swear everytime I watched he seemed like he made a play. Plus I havn't heard of any character flaws. So thats key also.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I live in Big 10 country. So I was able to watch alot of Purdue games. I just like the fact that it seemed he was always doing something positive. Dude I swear everytime I watched he seemed like he made a play. Plus I havn't heard of any character flaws. So thats key also.
    I was impressed most with his ability to chase down run plays to the opposite side of the field, and in short yardage. He makes a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage.

House of Steel
    I would rather have Spencer over Okoye right now the way it is going.

Gold Standard

I remember the last time we drafted a star from Purdue!

Some guy by the name of Rod Woodson! Things turned out pretty well for us with that pick!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

House of Steel
    OH Yes, Rod Woodson was from Purdue. Hmmmmm. Must be an every other decade thing going on.

Gold Standard

How would this be for day 1?

Round 1 - Anthony Spencer/DE-OLB/Purdue/6'3 261/s.c rank 30
    Round 2 - Justin Blalock/OT/Texas/6'4 329/s.c rank 47
    Round 3 - Michael Bush/RB/Louisville/6'2 250/s.c rank 63

The only guy that is a stretch out of these 3 is Bush. Our picks in those rounds without moving up or down would be 15/47/79

Bush missed nearly all of the 2006, suffering a season-ending leg injury in the first game at Kentucky after rushing for 128 yards and three touchdowns in the first half against the Wildcats. During his three plus seasons, Bush has rushed for more than 2,300 yards and 39 touchdowns, averaging 5.7 yards per carry. His 39 career touchdowns rank second in school history!
    Coincidentally the player sitting at the 79th spot is Brian Leonard. I don't know if Leonard is as good a pick anymore because he has lost a lot of weight to show his worth as a tailback and improve his speed. Can't get smaller without a compromise.........power?
    Last edited by BlackGold4vr; 02-24-2007 at 09:52 PM.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I would be happy very happy.

House of Steel
    I would be toasting a beer to that lineup. Man, that would be our best draft picks in years since the 70s Dynasty.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Round 1 - Anthony Spencer/DE-OLB/Purdue/6'3 261/s.c rank 30
    Round 2 - Justin Blalock/OT/Texas/6'4 329/s.c rank 47
    Round 3 - Michael Bush/RB/Louisville/6'2 250/s.c rank 63

The only guy that is a stretch out of these 3 is Bush. Our picks in those rounds without moving up or down would be 15/47/79

Coincidentally the player sitting at the 79th spot is Brian Leonard. I don't know if Leonard is as good a pick anymore because he has lost a lot of weight to show his worth as a tailback and improve his speed. Can't get smaller without a compromise.........power?
    that would be one hell of a day one, but yeah, bush will be long gone by the time we pick in the third........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information