Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowher not entirely happy with Steelers camp - and he shows it

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Cowher not entirely happy with Steelers camp - and he shows it

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centr...s/15327587.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Central Daily
    LATROBE, Pa. - Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher isn't worried about the Super Bowl champions' 0-2 preseason record. What he doesn't like is how they've gone about losing those two games.

Turnovers inside the opponent's 20-yard line. Missed blocks. Pass routes that weren't run correctly, and defenses that were improperly read. Too many penalties and missed third-down opportunities.

That's why Cowher was more animated than usual during practice Monday, once yelling loudly at his linemen during a 9-on-7 drill. The Steelers also practiced in pads, something they almost never do two days after a game.
    I rember reading last week on PFT about their write up from Latrobe. The dude mentioned the players were really laid back, sitting on helmets and what not. It's good to see Cowher really starting to get on the players. I haven't been to camp so I can't vouch for PFT, but I have seen some mental mistakes that shouldn't be made. For example, the first TD by the Cardinals there was nobody on the receiver??? It was basically a gimme.

I would really hate to see the Steelers let the SB get to their heads... hopefully these pre-season losses, even though they don't mean anything, will help Cowher hammer home his message.

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    I'm not happy with it either. They need to do some hefty stepping up this week against the Dorkgles.

ASU 4 LIFE
    i would be mad if i was cower too...they are playing like ****.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I remember when the whole starting offense looked like crap last year during the pre-season. During the season they were fine. Even if our team isn't look so good right now. Its only pre-season and there is alot of time to right the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32
    I remember when the whole starting offense looked like crap last year during the pre-season. During the season they were fine. Even if our team isn't look so good right now. Its only pre-season and there is alot of time to right the ship.
    You are exactly right about last year! That's actually what lead me to start posting on the Steelers msg boards, I was tired of hearing get Ben out of there, the team is horrible. I personally would rather see them lose now then in the regular season. These preseason losses only add to Cowhers fire and then the team will get the message and catch fire at the right time!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler
    You are exactly right about last year! That's actually what lead me to start posting on the Steelers msg boards, I was tired of hearing get Ben out of there, the team is horrible. I personally would rather see them lose now then in the regular season. These preseason losses only add to Cowhers fire and then the team will get the message and catch fire at the right time!
    Exactly who cares if they lose pre-season games. Ben only had four pass attempts against the Vikes. Plus we really are not game planning at all. Its rather silly for fans to upset or worried about the pre-season. Granted I don't like lossing at all myself but its not like I'm thinking the sky is falling. One other not the Indy Colts went 0-5 last year in the pre-season and then they went on to win their first 13 games in the season.

My Mood
    Amazed
    The Steeler play when it counts!
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn
    The Steeler play when it counts!
    They did that in the Drive that lead to Detroit.

Has Cowher ever been happy with his team in camp? I'm guessing that he is one of those old school coaches that would never let his team think he was pleased about anything this early in the season to motivate them to do more. I'm not saying I don't trust you all that everything isn't firing with the Steelers like it was last winter. I just think that if Cowher wasn't scowling all the time in training camp I would think he'd lost his edge.
    Last edited by Hawk Believer; 08-21-2006 at 11:18 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Damn right he better start getting on them..they can talk all they want about how this is a new year, and they're focused, and but they need to walk the walk and that means 100% on the practice field and on game day !

Thread Information