Thread: Palmer expects to suit up vs. Green Bay; questionable for opener

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Addicted

Palmer expects to suit up vs. Green Bay; questionable for opener

Sounds to me like he may be trying to rush it.

CINCINNATI -- Carson Palmer said Sunday he expects to play in the Cincinnati Bengals' preseason game next Monday against Green Bay, provided he doesn't have any swelling this week in his surgically rebuilt knee.
    Coach Marvin Lewis was noncommittal earlier about when his starting quarterback would get on the field for the first time. Later, Palmer said he plans to be under center against the Packers.
    "I'm preparing to play. I'm practicing to play," Palmer said. "That's been part of the plan, part of the schedule. I'll see how I feel later in the week, but right now I'm expecting to play."
    Palmer said he's had a little bit of swelling in the left knee, which was severely damaged during the Bengals' playoff loss to Pittsburgh in January. He has been working out during training camp without a significant setback, but didn't play in either of the first two preseason games.
    "The thing we keep worrying about is swelling," Palmer said. "That's one of the things we need to worry about. As long as we don't have a bunch of swelling and tenderness, I'll be ready to roll."
    http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9611206

Stuck in damned cincinnati ..Raised in western pa
    Carson has a great future ahead of him,I dont know why he wants to rush this,he will have at least ten good years in front of him ,why blow it..

I think the media is rushing him.

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert, 1990 HOF Induction Speech

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I don't know what his rush is too..if Im the coaches I wouldnt let him get in there either until the swelling is gone for a set amount of time. If he goes out there and gets hit, or twists his knee or anything it could set him back months.

My Mood
    Amazed
    I just hope when he does suit up he is 100% we want no excuses
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

I think between Palmer being scared and his coach kind of nudging him to get back out there isn't a very good combination. But, pre-season is probably the best time to get out there and give his knee a try in a game type situation and start to build up his confidence. I'm with Lyn though, I definitely want to see him at 100% because I don't want any excuses from the Bengals fans.

Thread Information