Thread: Rusty Duce is happy to carry the load

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Rusty Duce is happy to carry the load

Good article. I'm really hoping Duce has a great year for us. He has been hurt a lot with us but I think he is on the right track this season. He should have fresh legs after sitting most of last year too.

Monday, August 21, 2006
    By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

It is not about the yards for Duce Staley. At least, not now. Those will come in the regular season, when it matters, when he plays behind the first offensive line, when he picks and leans and jump-steps into a hole, displaying an uncanny art for almost never losing yardage.
    The preseason is two games old for the Steelers, who are 0-2 after a 17-10 loss Saturday to the Minnesota Vikings at Heinz Field, but, to Staley, the losses must seem like victories.
    Not only has Staley, a 10th-year running back, played in each preseason game, something he didn't get to do last year because of a knee injury. But, after two games, he leads the team with 12 carries, which is 12 more than he had in the entire preseason in 2005.
    "I think I'm getting there," Staley said. "The more reps you get, your timing is starting to come back and you're starting to get that feel. Things are starting to come back to me and that's what it's about."
    The Steelers certainly hope so.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06233/715130-66.stm

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'd love for nothing more than for him to stay healthy and be a big part of our offense. He's a veteran, a team players, doesnt cause trouble. You can't have enough good healthy running backs on a team like the Steelers.

You know he's gotta be feeling some pressure too because of his lack of playing time recently and with Haynes doing well and pushing hard for more than just his 3rd down role.

Stuck in damned cincinnati ..Raised in western pa
    I hope he he as an excellent year but for some reason I just have my doubts about him.

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert, 1990 HOF Induction Speech

My Mood
    Amazed
    I also have doubts big ones.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The good thing my fellow Steelers fans is we don't need Duce or any other RB behind Willie Parker to carry the load. Our man Fast Willie will get the most carries of the RB's. We just need someone to be the tough yard/goal line back. If not Duce then Haynes or even John Kuhn.

Trust me Willie can't carry the load like Jerome use to in his prime. But Willie will be even better. I'm confident that one of the remaining backs on the roster can be the short yard/goalline RB.

Thread Information