Thread: Despite Early Tomlin-like Move, Pederson Recovered to Lead Iggles

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Pissedoff

Despite Early Tomlin-like Move, Pederson Recovered to Lead Iggles

Like most die-hard Stiller fans, was very happy to see the real Killer Bees: Brady & Belichick, get swatted down in SB52. When Philly HC Pederson decided to go for a 2-pt. conversion in an attempt to chase the point lost by an earlier extra point kick failure, I thought perhaps he was in the same league as the NFL's number one point chaser: Mike Tomlin. Better coaches realize that more often than not this strategy results in losing 2 points instead of the one. It's crying over spilled milk. Other than this blunder, however, Pederson called a masterful game to beat the reigning champs with his back-up QB. That's something few could accomplish.

On the bright side Brady is now 3-3, Ben 2-1, in Superbowls since 2005 (the first yr. Ben was eligible). Of course, Brady has won a total of 5, though some view 2 of those as being gifts to the Pats by birdbrains (Seadoves & Falcons). Pats really had no business winning either of those games, but they did. Just like they shouldn't have beaten the Steelers in 2017, but they did. Sadly, Ben made pretty much the same mistake vs. the Pats that Russel Wilson did in SB49...and it may have cost the Steelers a trip to SB52.

Fact is, Pats beat a lot of teams that are more talented, because they are better coached. Will a new Steeler OC make a difference in 2018? Not bloody likely (can anybody really put the blame on Haley?) but, as they say hope springs eternal....
    Last edited by steelspikes; 02-06-2018 at 01:02 AM.
    STEELSPIKES

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Blah
    as long as tomlin is here, the afcn is about as far as we get.
    god help us when ben retirers

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Well, good news is that Ben seems more upbeat after this season than he was last year. Maybe he wants to emulate Brady's longevity. As I wrote: Brady is now 3-3, Ben 2-1, in Superbowls since 2005 (the first yr. Ben was eligible). Maybe Ben really wants that 3rd one and a SB MVP?
    STEELSPIKES

Starter
    Ben's football soul has been cleansed like Cletus Klump's colon at the dinner table.

Bryant is also on record that he wants to stay also.

See what happens when you no longer have college golfers running the offense?

I expect the entire organization to be more upbeat and positive going forward now that they fired the drunko who only got the job because of who his Daddy is.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Ben's football soul has been cleansed like Cletus Klump's colon at the dinner table.

Bryant is also on record that he wants to stay also.

See what happens when you no longer have college golfers running the offense?

I expect the entire organization to be more upbeat and positive going forward now that they fired the drunko who only got the job because of who his Daddy is.
    Didn't know Haley had a booze issue; was still better than Arians.
    STEELSPIKES

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Blah
    too little too late.
    this team(even with ben) will continue its downward spiral.

Don't really think Tomlin is the issue... the players are grown adults. If they need a coach to get them fired up for a game then they need to look in the mirror.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I think there are way too many holes on the defensive side of the ball for a real deep play-off run in the upcoming season. After we get through the cap hell we're in the defense needs major infusion of talent.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelspikes View Post
    Didn't know Haley had a booze issue; was still better than Arians.
    Haley is a drunken sot and cuckhold. He passes his wife around more than Drew Brees passes the football. Good riddance, you are a disgrace to yourself.

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    Don't really think Tomlin is the issue... the players are grown adults. If they need a coach to get them fired up for a game then they need to look in the mirror.
    well, he doesnt do Xs and Os
    he doesnt motivate
    he doesnt discipline
    so what exactly is his responsibility...............organize practices, be buddy buddy, say dumb sh!t in press conferences

Thread Information