Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Late Play Calling, Mental Errors Doom Steelers

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    patriots-hater

Bad Late Play Calling, Mental Errors Doom Steelers

What was that 2nd and 18 draw play to 3rd string running back Fitz Touissant in the 4th quarter? Really? CBS Color Analyst Tony Romo nailed the blunders that set up New England's victory. From over-conservative play calling (a Mike Tomlin specialty) to the end of game blunders (failing to secure a catch, and throwing into traffic), this game once again sadly highlighted how the superior brain trust and coaching of the Pats' allows them to snatch final second wins from the jaws of defeat.
    STEELSPIKES

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by steelspikes View Post
    What was that 2nd and 18 draw play to 3rd string running back Fitz Touissant in the 4th quarter? Really? CBS Color Analyst Tony Romo nailed the blunders that set up New England's victory. From over-conservative play calling (a Mike Tomlin specialty) to the end of game blunders (failing to secure a catch, and throwing into traffic), this game once again sadly highlighted how the superior brain trust and coaching of the Pats' allows them to snatch final second wins from the jaws of defeat.
    Aren't you happy that you finally have something to post about after almost a month of nothing, you Tomlin haters enjoy yourself while us real Steelers fans move on to next week and hoping Brown is okay and securing a bye.

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    o.A.T.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerddan View Post
    Aren't you happy that you finally have something to post about after almost a month of nothing, you Tomlin haters enjoy yourself while us real Steelers fans move on to next week and hoping Brown is okay and securing a bye.

Wow.Well, there's more to life than football. And while I have been a Steeler fan for over 5 decades, I'm not a cheerleader. You may have noticed: The Steelers have no cheerleaders!
    I'm not a MT hater, by the way... was actually starting to like the guy. But the thing about the Pats is that they win games they really have no business winning. And they do it because of great coaching, and by being in the right place at the right time. They had no business winning the last 2 SBs they've won....but they did. They had no business winning tonight's game.
    Tomlin's a good coach, but not great. Ben is a great qb; but he is not the G.O.A.T. Do you really want to see the Steelers trot up to New England for another Playoff beatdown? Haven't all Steeler fans had enough of that?
    STEELSPIKES

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerddan View Post
    tomlin won with cowhers players
    tomlion has had a superior team, talent wise, for many years and cant win
    he has done less with more
    'real' fan meaning just happy to cheer for a team regardless of how they perform................yes you are. some are not.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I put this one squarely on JJ. He could have backed into the endzone instead of diving like a floundering quail. Not only that why didn't he run his rout 2 yards deeper?

And why of why didn't Ju-Ju stay on the sideline? Worse case he goes out at the 10-yard line and we didn't waste a TO.

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I put this one squarely on JJ. He could have backed into the endzone instead of diving like a floundering quail. Not only that why didn't he run his rout 2 yards deeper?

And why of why didn't Ju-Ju stay on the sideline? Worse case he goes out at the 10-yard line and we didn't waste a TO.

why didnt tomlin make an adjustment and double gronk? especially on the 2pt try.
    why didnt tomlin stay aggressive instead of run up the middle?
    why didnt davis or was it burns (they both sucked) pick off the easy int to seal the game?

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by muncher View Post
    why didnt tomlin make an adjustment and double gronk? especially on the 2pt try.
    why didnt tomlin stay aggressive instead of run up the middle?
    why didnt davis or was it burns (they both sucked) pick off the easy int to seal the game?
    MT loves to get conservative with a lead; he trusts Defense over Offense. He likes to "win ugly,"
    and does so more than he loses. But when he needs to break out of his standard thought pattern, he struggles to adjust. It's painful to watch, but it's why he is a decent coach, but not a great one.
    STEELSPIKES

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post

Agree about James. First priority in that situation is to secure the catch; no need to try and be the hero. Not his role. Re Ju Ju, I think he honestly felt he had a chance to go all the way for six.
    STEELSPIKES

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Ben had another chance but again wet the bed; fake spike? really? just spike it, kick the field goal and we get them in OT. We had the momentum.

As usual, the Pats own Tomlin and Ben mentally.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    This loss is staying with me for a long time. I"m still in shock and disbelief at the stupidity of Ben in the final seconds.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information