Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: New look O-line?

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    Gold Standard
    BlackGold4vr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    China Lake, Ca
    Posts
    5,170

    This is all just chit chat!

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post


    Colon could very well be a beast guard or tackle for us or he could be a major flop. As I mentioned before the dude only started 2 games for us so he has a lot to learn. I want to see Max brought back if at all possible, and as you mentioned if he goes, I would like to see us grab a decent OT in FA just to help out with experience.
    Not looking for an argument. Just saying that if they took an O-lineman I wouldn't be upset. I understand why their is an attachment to Starks. He is a 3rd year monster with lots of potential. But he did not play very well last year. Neither did Kendall Simmons! That side of our line was clearly the weaker side! Not sure how many games I would want to watch those 2 guys perform like they did last year without trying another option. Starks could also turn out to be a major flop! Simmons too! No guarantees with either of them! Grubbs could be a nice option to turn too! Willie could turn out to be an All-Pro! Poor performer with experience doesn't trump youthful aggression with potential in my book. Is that a Bill Cowher chapter? We all agree that we should pick-up an O-lineman somewhere in the draft. If those vets cannot outperform the rooks in spring training........they should not start no matter what their experience!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

  2. #22
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Not looking for an argument. Just saying that if they took an O-lineman I wouldn't be upset. I understand why their is an attachment to Starks. He is a 3rd year monster with lots of potential. But he did not play very well last year. Neither did Kendall Simmons! That side of our line was clearly the weaker side! Not sure how many games I would want to watch those 2 guys perform like they did last year without trying another option. Starks could also turn out to be a major flop! Simmons too! No guarantees with either of them! Grubbs could be a nice option to turn too! Willie could turn out to be an All-Pro! Poor performer with experience doesn't trump youthful aggression with potential in my book. Is that a Bill Cowher chapter? We all agree that we should pick-up an O-lineman somewhere in the draft. If those vets cannot outperform the rooks in spring training........they should not start no matter what their experience!


    Starks could suck
    Colon could suck
    Kemoeatu could suck
    Simmons does suck
    Okobi could suck


    or they could all rock we'll have the best OL ever..nobody knows just yet so these guys have to want it bad enough and be out for blood come training camp. None of this win by default crap, we can't afford that. We need to have guys on the OL step up and take the job and claim it !

    Yes the whole left side was the weak link, hell the entire Line was a weak link. Based on their play last year by rights we should can them all and start over IMO. However we as Steeler fans know that the entire team was a shadow of its former self last year and almost something of an enigma that we hope never returns.

    I fully expect Faneca and Smith to bounce back. After that the other 3 positions are a crap shoot so may the best man win !
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 02-20-2007 at 10:25 PM.

  3. #23
    Gold Standard
    BlackGold4vr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    China Lake, Ca
    Posts
    5,170

    It was the right side that was weak.

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post

    Starks could suck
    Colon could suck
    Kemoeatu could suck
    Simmons does suck
    Okobi could suck


    or they could all rock we'll have the best OL ever..nobody knows just yet so these guys have to want it bad enough and be out for blood come training camp. None of this win by default crap, we can't afford that. We need to have guys on the OL step up and take the job and claim it !

    Yes the whole left side was the weak link, hell the entire Line was a weak link. Based on their play last year by rights we should can them all and start over IMO. However we as Steeler fans know that the entire team was a shadow of its former self last year and almost something of an enigma that we hope never returns.

    I fully expect Faneca and Smith to bounce back. After that the other 3 positions are a crap shoot so may the best man win !


    I think you meant the right side......didn't you? Faneca and Smith are on the left side. Simmons and Starks were on the right! Another factor as we have discussed before is that Jeff Hartings was injured and tried to play through it and was a shadow of his former self! When the middle of your line is collapsing in, that can have a domino effect on the whole line! We need depth there no matter what!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

  4. #24
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Doh ! yeah my bad, the right side.

    Agreed Jeff was a trooper but he definitely was playing hampered and all that pressure up the middle was just too much too handle. Jeff playing injured, Simmons just not playing well, then Starks having an inconsistent season and then getting hurt, it all just snowballed into a basically bad year for them.

  5. #25
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,650
    damnit why cant you guys just see that it was cowher last year, it was all cowher, cowher didnt care and i dont care what anyone says but him playing hartings was the foundation of our oline problems, if your center gets manhandled you dont have success

  6. #26
    Gold Standard
    BlackGold4vr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    China Lake, Ca
    Posts
    5,170

    Agreed!

    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    damnit why cant you guys just see that it was cowher last year, it was all cowher, cowher didnt care and i dont care what anyone says but him playing hartings was the foundation of our oline problems, if your center gets manhandled you dont have success
    Hartings was absolutely manhandled in the Jaguar game, the Chargers game, and both Ravens games! We lost every one of those games! The Charger game really stands out in my mind. Jamal Williams threw Jeff around like he was his biatch! Then they tried to doubleteam him and he was manhandling the doubleteams! Gotta fix it!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

  7. #27
    Living Legend Steelersfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,116
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    damnit why cant you guys just see that it was cowher last year, it was all cowher, cowher didnt care and i dont care what anyone says but him playing hartings was the foundation of our oline problems, if your center gets manhandled you dont have success
    Hey! Isn't this one of Koopas lines?.......

  8. #28
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,650
    im not completly hating cowher in general but i do blame him for the mess, you all act like we have trash for and oline, our players are good and the younger guys will have to step up which is what happens in the NFL, its actually the main purpose of drafting players out of college. We have bigger needs to address like OLB and RB...our line is fine, hartings and cowher are out...problem solved

  9. #29
    Reppin' 724
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC- But from Beaver Falls, PA
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    im not completly hating cowher in general but i do blame him for the mess, you all act like we have trash for and oline, our players are good and the younger guys will have to step up which is what happens in the NFL, its actually the main purpose of drafting players out of college. We have bigger needs to address like OLB and RB...our line is fine, hartings and cowher are out...problem solved
    1 out of 5 of our starting O-lineman are pro-bowlers, 1 out of 1 of our starting RB is a pro bowler. Hmmmmm, our line is not fine, we don't have a Center, RG, or RT, they re all average at best. Our needs are OLB and OL, RB should not be a priority.

    Simmons hasnt been the same since his injury, Max Staks is too damned nice, and even though I want to think Chukki is the answer, I can't believe it.

  10. #30
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Cowher was a problem but so were the players. Hartings was a Cowher guy we all know that, but would chukki have done anybetter for us? Nobody knows.

    We have SOME good players on our OL like Faneca & Marvel Smith, Starks potentially.
    We also have some players on our OL where the verdict is still out: Colon, Essex, Kemoeatu, Okobi, and Starks.
    And we have some players that just haven't been playing well at all like Kendall Simmons.

    We have work to do on our OL that much is clear, whether that's having our backups step up and take a starting job or whether it's getting some fresh talent in the draft to step in sooner than later, is anybody's guess.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Offensive Line could get face lift
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 12:26 PM
  2. It all starts and ends with the Offensive Line
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 09:49 PM
  3. 08 AFC Team Draft Grades
    By NOVA STEELERS in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 05:17 PM
  4. Steelers Offensive Line still in flux
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 07:12 AM
  5. Play of the Day: Goal Line Tight End Passes
    By SteelersWoman in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 02:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •