Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New look O-line?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I have said in the past Willie Colon was better suited for guard. So I wouldn't be suprised to see Colon end up at RG for Kendall Simmons.

Assuming Starks is here when Camp starts that's an option for us, but if Max leaves once FA starts we're going to need anybody with experience we can get to play Tackle for us.

Gold Standard

But you can trade the other picks!

You can't trade supplemental picks.
    We could move up by swapping 2nd round picks and offering our third. We would then still have our supplemental pick in the 3rd.

We don't have room on our roster for 9 rookies anyway. May as well do some moving up by offering up picks to get players we want. Can we do that?
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Assuming Starks is here when Camp starts that's an option for us, but if Max leaves once FA starts we're going to need anybody with experience we can get to play Tackle for us.
    I know this thats why we have talked in the past about Starks not leaving since the Steelers don't have any experienced OT's.lol

I'm not saying Willie Colon can't play OT but I have read that some think he is better suited for guard. The Steelers really have no choice but to resign Starks unless they are going to bring in a experienced free agent OT. Looking at the free agents out there isn't really impressive. There is Leonard Davis but he was average at best with the Cards and looks like the Cards don't want to resign him.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    We could move up by swapping 2nd round picks and offering our third. We would then still have our supplemental pick in the 3rd.

We don't have room on our roster for 9 rookies anyway. May as well do some moving up by offering up picks to get players we want. Can we do that?
    I'm not saying not to trade draft picks. I have no problem with trading picks. Just trying to state you can't trade supplemental picks. As for the Steelers having an extra third thats not known at the present time. They could get a 3rd but looks like they will get two extra 4th round picks.

Gold Standard

I like drafting Grubbs either way!

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    First of all he is projected to go right around where we are picking.

Starks leaves? Our line could look like this.

Smith/Faneca/Okobi/Grubbs/Colon

Starks stays? Our line could look like this.

Smith/Faneca/Grubbs/Colon/Starks

Few years down the road our right side would be our dominant side while we were looking for Faneca/Smith replacements. Either way I like both of these combinations of youthful exuberance and crafty veterans. We know Grubbs is good and can start (thats why he's projected as 16th overall). Colon showed us some of that New York Bronx attitude he can play with and I think he's gonna be good! Starks or Okobi would be the wild cards but I believe they would both play hard so they wouldn't be shown up by Willie and the rook! After last years play some change is in order on our O-line! There were a bunch of rooks that started last year on the O-line and performed very well. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold, Marcus McNeil, Davin Joseph, Deuce Lutui, Daryn Colledge.........these guys were all rookies who started! Doesn't scare me to start rookies on the O-line. After just a couple games they will be seasoned and will learn from their mistakes!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Grubbs isn't projected 16th overall by everyone so let's not get all too worked up on him just yet. Your source says he's projected where we are picking but 20 other sources say something different so it's anybody's guess. Im not saying he wouldn't be a good fit for us, he may very well be, and if we take him he can be a rock for us for years to come.

Im sorry but Im just not real big on 3 of our 5 OL being either rookies or guys with very little experience. Especially with us coming off a year where the OL sucked *** for the most part. I'd rather have Starks here if we can help it. Colon could be a good tackle or guard for us or he could royally flop ( the guy only played 2 games so far), and we have other options to explore but the early part of this NFL season is far from promising from an OL standpoint.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I know this thats why we have talked in the past about Starks not leaving since the Steelers don't have any experienced OT's.lol

I'm not saying Willie Colon can't play OT but I have read that some think he is better suited for guard. The Steelers really have no choice but to resign Starks unless they are going to bring in a experienced free agent OT. Looking at the free agents out there isn't really impressive. There is Leonard Davis but he was average at best with the Cards and looks like the Cards don't want to resign him.

Colon could very well be a beast guard or tackle for us or he could be a major flop. As I mentioned before the dude only started 2 games for us so he has a lot to learn. I want to see Max brought back if at all possible, and as you mentioned if he goes, I would like to see us grab a decent OT in FA just to help out with experience.

we're goin defense in the first and RB in the second....tomlin told me so

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    we're goin defense in the first and RB in the second....tomlin told me so

Hey, tell him to check his messages will ya, I left him a voice mail last night about our day 2 strategy.

Thread Information