Thread: Minus Leadership, Steelers Not a Team

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Pissedoff

Minus Leadership, Steelers Not a Team

The Steelers are a talented group of individuals, bet there seems to be a dearth of leadership in this organization. The locker room Anthem fiasco of a couple weeks ago kind of summed things up: they couldn't decide what to do, so they just didn't show up....not only for the song, but for the game, losing to an inferior opponent in Chicago.

Thankfully, I didn't see today's home game beat down. How pathetic is that!

Mike Tomlin seems like a really nice guy, but as echoed frequently on this site, is he really NFL Head Coach material? When you look at teams like the Pats, that over-perform with players who wouldn't even be on the field for many teams, and a team like the Steelers, loaded with star talent, but consistently under-performing, the answer is obvious.

Or look at what Andy Reid is doing in K.C. They will likely destroy the Steelers next week, not because their players are so much better, but because of leadership, and team cohesion; things the Steelers are sorely lacking.

If Tomlin was really in charge, or knew how to lead, i think Leveon Bell would've sat for 3-4 weeks, despite his "star" status. If Connor had played instead, the team would still be at least 3-2 right now. And a bunch of guys might not be asking themselves why they bothered busting their humps in August in Latrobe.
    STEELSPIKES

Draft Pick
    On the brightside, we extended this stiff for a few more years. I wish the Rooney's would sell the ****ing team and take their liberal bullshit with them.

My Mood
    Addicted
    It's a good thin Dan has passed or we'd be signing Kapernick right about now.

The window has closed, we hired Tomlin to satisfy the "Rooney Rule". We got 1 SB with him and Cowher's players. We don't sniff another Lombardi any time soon. Perhaps 10 years or more.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    It's a good thin Dan has passed or we'd be signing Kapernick right about now.

The window has closed, we hired Tomlin to satisfy the "Rooney Rule". We got 1 SB with him and Cowher's players. We don't sniff another Lombardi any time soon. Perhaps 10 years or more.
    Not sure what "window has closed means." The talent is there; hoping this team can right the ship. But under Tomlin? Bradshaw's "cheerlieader" designation last year was spot on. MT would make a good high school or Div. III NCAA coach somewhere, maybe Slippery Rock or Shippensburg State.
    STEELSPIKES

My Mood
    Addicted
    It means we have little to no chance of winning a SB anytime soon. There's a slight chance, but not much. Kicking FGs isn't going to win you a SB.

Thread Information