Thread: Steelers' Left-Wing Tilt Comes Full Circle

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Pissedoff

Steelers' Left-Wing Tilt Comes Full Circle

Dan Rooney's Superbowl 43 victory homage to Barak Obama in 2009, was tolerable in the wake of America electing it's first "black" President. This latest display of boycotting the National Anthem (except for heroic Villanueva), confirmed the Steelers' and the rest of the NFL's globalist, anti-American stance. NFL players in England yesterday knelt for our National Anthem, and stood for merry England's God Save the Queen. NFL is destroying itself by catering to Hollywood leftist's/ elitist's agenda.

Some proud American Stiller fans are burning Mad!

UPDATE: After listening to Tomlin's Press Conference, the Steeler absence from the field during the anthem this past Sunday, while presenting terrible optics, may not have been the protest many have interpreted it to be. I urge all to listen to MT's Tuesday Press Conference.
    Last edited by steelspikes; 09-27-2017 at 12:35 AM. Reason: add video; clarification
    STEELSPIKES

Veteran
    once again, obama's mother was white, therefore, obama was not any first black president. other than that, you are spot on.

2nd String
    I started watching the Steelers back in the early 1960"s when they had John Henry Johnson and Ed Brown was their QB. I had posters on my wall of Dick Hoak and JR Wilburn, but my 55 year old love for the Pittsburgh Steelers ended yesterday. After this blatant anti-American stance this team took yesterday I am finished from ever watching them or any other team in the NFL. I will not keep track of who wins and loses because as of yesterday the whole league is irrelevant to me.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceemadison View Post
    once again, obama's mother was white, therefore, obama was not any first black president. other than that, you are spot on.
    You're right; I put quotes around the word "black."
    STEELSPIKES

Rookie Free Agent
    Yesterday they had Ben and Cam give their little talks and now the owner wrote a letter to the fans...too late boys. One cannot stop the roosters from crowing when the sun comes up...the lights are on now and the cockroaches are scattering.

To force Villanueva to give that apology was so transparently disgraceful...why let the players decide this anthem approach? They are hired workers nothing more.

Ownership was sadly lacking in leadership and the head coach is a head case. I pray that the Steelers feel the wrath of their fandom and suffer for being traitors to their country.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer89074 View Post
    Yesterday they had Ben and Cam give their little talks and now the owner wrote a letter to the fans...too late boys. One cannot stop the roosters from crowing when the sun comes up...the lights are on now and the cockroaches are scattering.

To force Villanueva to give that apology was so transparently disgraceful...why let the players decide this anthem approach? They are hired workers nothing more.

Ownership was sadly lacking in leadership and the head coach is a head case. I pray that the Steelers feel the wrath of their fandom and suffer for being traitors to their country.
    Prior to hearing Mike Tomlin's press conference today, I probably would've agreed 100% with the quoted post above. Granted: the optics of a "no-show" for the national anthem were terrible. After listening to MT's statement, however, it seems that many (including myself) may have jumped to the wrong conclusion. What is needed now is action on the part of Goodell. Sadly, however, it seems he lacks the proper understanding of the seriousness of the issue. Upon reflection, the best course of action may now be for all teams to remain in their locker rooms while the anthem is sung and enter the field of play once it is over.
    STEELSPIKES

My Mood
    Addicted
    There is a rule in place in the NFL in regards to what's expected for the National Anthem. Goodell not enforcing said rule proves he is devoid of character, a puppet, and in general has no balls. He collects his $44 million dollar salary, he cares not about this country or the service men.

Thread Information