Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My mock 1.0

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My mock 1.0

A very solid draft for defense awaits, especially for the secondary. Just what the doctor ordered for Colbert & Co., however there are needs on the offensive side of the ball as well, maybe just not as extreme. My mock draft 1.0:

Round 1 - The popular pick is edge rusher but I'm not so sure this is a done deal. There is a need here, no doubt but currently (unless I'm missing someone) the Steelers have only four corners signed: Burns, Cockrell, Gay, amd Sensabaugh. I guess you could argue for Golsen, but the rookie has missed 2 full season and I'm not sure the brass is even counting on return. Now drafting at #30 sometimes your seletion is dictated just as much as who is available as who you scouted.

Here's the deal:

1.) (30) - Chidubie Awiuzie - CB - Colorado - The secondary is slowing being transformed from a liability to an asset (much like the OL was) and putting Chidube across from Burns solidifies the CB position for the next 5 - 6 years. Not only athletic he is a pretty darn good player. He is sailing under the radar, but isn't that the Steeler way. Boundary corner, slot corner or even safety — Awuzie has the ability to fill multiple holes (position flexibility as Tomlin likes to preach) in any team's secondary and will be a high pick in this year's draft.

Options: Jabrill Peppers S - Michigan, T.J. Watt Edge - Wisconsin, Charles Harris - Edge - Missouri

2.) (62) - Tim Williams - Edge - Alabama - James Harrisons' heir apparent. Good pedigree, top program. Some off-field issues, but a steal here. Good motor, relentless.

Options: Tyrus Bowser LB - Houston, Malik McDowell - DT - Michigan State

3A.) (94) - Cordrea Tankersley - CB - Clemson - You can never have enough DBs. The secondary is finally set.

Options: Brian Hill - RB - Wyoming, Justin Evans - S- Texas A & M

3B.) (105) ArDarius Stewart - WR - Alabama - This position (WR) is not nearly as set as people think. After A. Brown we don't have much proven talent. Good selection here with comp. pick.

Options: Raekwon McMillian - ILB - Ohio State, Charles Walker - DT - Oklahoma, Jake Butt - TE - Michigan

4.) (135) Wayme Gallman -RB - Clemson - Another player from solid program with big game pedigree. I know we signed Knile Davis and D. Williams is probably gone so we take a RB this year. Deep class at RB and this is just about the right round to pick one.

Options - James Connor - RB - Pitt, Elijah Hood - RB - NC

5.) (173) Steven Taylor - LB - Houston

6.) (213) Ben Gedeon - ILB - Michigan

7.) (248) Chad Kelly - QB - Mississippi

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    I think they go OLB / edge rusher at 1-30

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I don't want any part of Williams. I think hes a one demensional player.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

2nd String
    Espn's mock draft show last night had us taking Corey Davis, WR from Western Michigan.

My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky#20 View Post
    Espn's mock draft show last night had us taking Corey Davis, WR from Western Michigan.
    No wonder ESPN is losing subscribers and resorting to letting employees walk. That is ridiculous of Jeremy Fowler to actually believe Davis would be the Steelers first pick, especially when it is well known that Bryant is on the verge of being reinstated and the signing of Justin Hunter. Plus the dude has a busted ankle and the Steelers have more pressing needs at the moment than another WR.
    Haters gonna hate, winners gonna win. Let the haters motivate.

Steelers draft LB TJ Watt.

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Good start to a great draft!
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

2-62 JuJu Smith-Schuster WR USC

I thought they go corner in round two.

Veteran
    annnnnnnd a running back in 3...guess the defense can hope for scraps in the last few rounds...

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceemadison View Post
    annnnnnnd a running back in 3...guess the defense can hope for scraps in the last few rounds...
    I would be surprised if the Steelers draft another skill position player today other than a late TE pick. Look at our WR's-Brown, Bryant, Juju, Rogers, Hunter, Coates, Ayers, DHB, Hamilton etc. And now we have Connor as a backup to Bell. Green and Jesse James at TE. Ben here is your offense go and score that 30 points a game.

Thread Information