Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben Hints at Retirement. Can you Blame Him?

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent
    Now some disparaging comments about Antonio moping because the Williams td was not a pass to him and also that he is only interested in padding his stats...

Are the Rooneys about to move on from Antonio and not pay him? Some of the articles online are angled to demonize Brown and this would not surprise me at all. Would trading Brown help the team or would this put more money into the Rooney family coffers?

Just how far are the naive and easily conned Steeler nation fans prepared to go with this madness?

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Quote Originally Posted by North Steel View Post
    Can't blame the guy either, there's only so much of a sh*t show one can take and Sunday was 1 BIG SH*T show.
    And hardly the first one we saw this season: Philadelphia and Miami blowouts were two previous network games that quickly became unwatchable. Even CBS cutaway to another game on one of these.
    STEELSPIKES

Rookie Free Agent
    Ben Berger will not retire because of all of that money on the table. His wife and children have come to love what all of that money can bring, so Dad will buckle it up and hit the field.

No doubt with what he has now, he could retire and invest and so forth and live a good life...in time, he will be ready to eat another $heeet sandwich and tow the line and drink tequila shots to get through the day and the tough times.

Since the realization that his head coach doesn't know what he is doing, Ben has had to stifle and hold it all in but alas that is the fate of us all in one way or another. We are all caught in the trap of our own reality, and not of our dreams.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer89074 View Post
    Ben Berger will not retire because of all of that money on the table. His wife and children have come to love what all of that money can bring, so Dad will buckle it up and hit the field.

No doubt with what he has now, he could retire and invest and so forth and live a good life...in time, he will be ready to eat another $heeet sandwich and tow the line and drink tequila shots to get through the day and the tough times.

Since the realization that his head coach doesn't know what he is doing, Ben has had to stifle and hold it all in but alas that is the fate of us all in one way or another. We are all caught in the trap of our own reality, and not of our dreams.
    You could be right. But, as others have noted, a year away from the game makes him a free agent who has been spared the wear and tear of another season, in top shape for the final segment of his career.

He could handle the financial hit of that year away.

P.S. By the way, it's "toe the line," not "tow the line."
    STEELSPIKES

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    lions-hater
    ben is just pissed at tomlin. he aint going anywhere. too much money and too close to more personal records.
    i could see him hang it up after 2017 tho.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I know one thing, If I"m Colbert and Tomlin, I do whatever I need to do to add another receiving weapon and get that defense up another level by next season or I think Ben will retire at the end of next season. They have nothing behind him; better not call his bluff.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I think he has 1 year left. Also, I saw that Carson Palmer may retire this month, I wonder if the Cardinals and Bruce Arians would make a play for Ben.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I think he has 1 year left. Also, I saw that Carson Palmer may retire this month, I wonder if the Cardinals and Bruce Arians would make a play for Ben.
    I see this as a strong possibility...no secret that Benberger and Arians are close friends. Ben has checked out emotionally because of the drama and the coaching staff. It has become a mental burden for him to handle his present situation in spite of the money.

You gotta have heart as the song goes and when all hope is lost then all that remains is going through the motions...a move to Arizona would rejuvenate Ben's career and inspire him again. I am rooting for him and also then we will see how Pitts will deal with this reality check...I mean your star QB no longer wants to be a part of the clown show so something is out of whack.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Assuming that Ben is still with us, I'd like to see us add either Kenny Britt or Anquan Boldin.

Can you imagine either one of those guys in the red zone for us? We can't count on some rookie WR; Ben has a two year window max and we must go balls out.

A big body veteran in the red zone is exactly what we need.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Veteran
    im going to still wait on bryant and wheaton, and if miracles do occur, green, in the lineup next season

Thread Information