Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben Hints at Retirement. Can you Blame Him?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Pissedoff

Ben Hints at Retirement. Can you Blame Him?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1181/ben-roethlisberger"]http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1181/ben-roethlisberger[/URL]

I mean, how is he supposed to have any confidence in Steeler management/coaching after last Sunday's debacle?

Honestly, I would prefer to see Ben traded at this point than to endure playing any more under the current inept regime. He has to be asking himself: "What's the point in playing anymore for these idiots?"

Update: This story seems to be gaining momentum in the media, so I suspect there is something to it. Ben is a winner and hates losing. Going up against the Unbeatable Force (Brady & Belichick) yet again and falling miserably short has to be demoralizing, especially knowing that Tomlin is under contract for at least two more seasons. He knows he doesn't have as much time as other QBs who may even be older (Brady) but have endured far less physical punishment in their careers.
    Last edited by steelspikes; 01-25-2017 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Update; typo
    STEELSPIKES

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    If you saw inept coaching all around you, you'd ask yourself whats the point too. Taking all this punishment to the body for what?

Butler & Tomlin are jokes when they face higher level teams/coaching.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    You beat me to the punch, I just saw this. I can't say I blame him, but I doubt he retires. Tomlin, Brown, and company have turned this once respected organization into a zoo. I said a few months back this season or next would be Ben's last.

He has a ton of money and a very young family. He don't need this BS. If I were Rooney I'd have him in the office talking right now. Much like Hines and Troy, etc. these guys know Tomlin is a joke.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Calling Bruce Arians, ...lets talk trade.

2nd String
    What Ben might be thinking is that he will retire and sit out a year, after that he can unretire and become a free agent to sign with whomever he wants. Kind of like what Carson Palmer did when he "retired" from the Bengals.
    Also speaking of Ben, NFL.com stats showed that 119 yards and 3 TD's were dropped by Steeler receivers against the Pats. If you add that to the total that he did throw for he would have had over 430 yards and 4 TD's. He also set an AFC championship record in that game by completing 12 passes in a row. The 13th was a drop by Hamilton in the end zone.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Calling Bruce Arians, ...lets talk trade.
    Also could see Ben going to the Jets, or S.F. 49rs. Tony Romo in Black and Yellow anyone?
    Last edited by steelspikes; 01-24-2017 at 08:09 PM.
    STEELSPIKES

My Mood
    Amused
    Big Ben not going to retire. He is just frustrated about the team running amok A.K.A. Brown, Porter, Tomlin, etc... It is is way of saying that the ship needs to be tight because leaks have sprung all over it or he is done soon cause his playing window is closing.

Last edited by SuperSteelers; 01-24-2017 at 08:06 PM.
    Haters gonna hate, winners gonna win. Let the haters motivate.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky#20 View Post
    What Ben might be thinking is that he will retire and sit out a year, after that he can unretire and become a free agent to sign with whomever he wants. Kind of like what Carson Palmer did when he "retired" from the Bengals.
    Also speaking of Ben, NFL.com stats showed that 119 yards and 3 TD's were dropped by Steeler receivers against the Pats. If you add that to the total that he did throw for he would have had over 430 yards and 4 TD's. He also set an AFC championship record in that game by completing 12 passes in a row. The 13th was a drop by Hamilton in the end zone.
    Makes sense to me. Probably figures a year free from physical punishment would do his body good.
    STEELSPIKES

Rookie Free Agent
    Where there is smoke there is fire...the stench from this humiliation that happened Sunday night continues to fill the air. The Steelers came out flatter than a Mexican tortilla and their game-plans were moronic and utterly futile.

Can you imagine knowing what Ben knows? If he walks away it would cost him (18 million) in signing bonus returned and (36 million) in base salary (54 million total)...and yet, he intentionally let this big cat out of the bag...no doubt Ben is disgusted and disappointed...I can relate.

Can't blame the guy either, there's only so much of a sh*t show one can take and Sunday was 1 BIG SH*T show.

Thread Information