Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your best ever.

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I thought about saying this guy but Im too young to remember him. My brother and dad say he was one of the best ever. Cale Yarborough

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I thought about saying this guy but Im too young to remember him. My brother and dad say he was one of the best ever. Cale Yarborough

OMG! I totally remember him. I use to really like him as well!!! He's a great guy and a great driver!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

SA's Official God steelcurtain09's Avatar
    Football
    Offense - Dan Marino
    Defense - Lawrence Taylor (the real LT)

Basketball
    Michael Jordan.

Baseball
    Pitcher -
    Hitter - Hank Aaron

Hockey

Wayne Gretzky

Nascar driver

The Intimidator

My Mood
    Horny
    Football
    offense-barry sanders
    defense-lambert

Basketball
    Jordan

Baseball
    pitcher- nolan ryan
    hitter-griffey (i just love his swing)

Hockey
    Mario

Boxing
    Tyson (in his younger years before he turned Psycho)

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Football
    Offense - Jim Brown
    Defense - Dick Butkus

Basketball
    Bill Russell (11 NBA Championships)

Baseball
    Pitcher - Cy Young
    Hitter - Babe Ruth (Did it without steroids)

Hockey
    Wayne Gretsky

Nascar
    "The King" Richard Petty

Boxing
    Muhammed Ali

How do you know that he did it without steroids??? Any proof?? No proof that Bonds did?

I love America! Innocent until proven guilty.

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Gold Standard

Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Clevestinks View Post
    How do you know that he did it without steroids??? Any proof?? No proof that Bonds did?

I can't believe I have stumbled upon the only person in America who actually believes Bonds lies! Dude, he has admitted to a grand jury that he was using. You probably believe that Mark MacGuire and Sammy Sosa are innocent too! Its the friggin politics of the whole steroids mess that is despicable. You probably also believe that the brown sticky substance in Mike Vicks hidden compartment water bottle wasn't a banned substance because they told you so! Wake up! Won't be the 1st time a rich & famous person buys their way out of trouble and it won't be the last! How did Teddy Kennedy drive his car off the road while drunk into a river, saved himself but not his date, ran home and made up an alibi that he wasn't even there and was never charged with a crime when it was proven he was in the car and was driving! Im sure police would have treated us the same way had we done that. As im sure if we were snagged in an airport trying to smuggle a mystery substance onto an airplane we would still be allowed to board and continue on with our trip.........yeah right! Wake up! MLB players all know that the loopholes in their drug testing policies are huge gaping ones! Why does the players union get involved in negotiations concerning drug testing policies? Why isn't there on demand random testing? Players union won't allow it! Hey, there is no tooth fairy, Santa Claus or Easter Bunny! But I don't have the 5X8 glossies to prove that either so I guess you can keep on believin!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

House of Steel
    Football
    Offensively: Johnny Unitas, Terry Bradshaw Defensively: Jack Lambert, Mean Joe Greene, Lawerence Taylor.

Basketball
    Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Ervin Magic Johnson, Scottie Pippen, Wilt Chamberlin.

Baseball

Pitcher? Nolan Ryan, Sandy Koufax, Orel Hirschieser
    Hitter ? Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Shoeless Joe Jackson

Hockey

Mario definitely with Wayne Gretsky right behind, I also put Yzerman there too.

Nascar driver: The INTIMIDATOR Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Boxing: Classius Clay

Golf: Tiger Woods and Annika Sorenstam

Tennis: Martina Navatilova

Indy Car Racing: Mario Andretti

House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post

OMG, Matt, that is a great one. Cale Yarborough, Richard Petty, Darrell Waltrip, and Buddy Baker used to go at it all the time. Yarborough dominated Winston Cup Series all the time over Petty. Those were the good days of NASCAR. I think Dale SR. couldn't stand Yarborough either.

Gold Standard

Roids and Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by Clevestinks View Post

George Herman Ruth, Jr. (February 6, 1895 – August 16, 1948), also known as "Babe", "The Great Bambino", "The Sultan of Swat", and "The Colossus of Clout", was an American Major League baseball player from 1914-1935.

The use of anabolic steroids by athletes is relatively new. Testosterone was first synthesized in the 1930's and was introduced into the sporting arena in the 1940's and 1950's.

When the Russian weight lifting team thanks, in part, to synthetic testosterone-walked off with a pile of medals at the 1952 Olympics, an American physician determined that U. S. competitors should have the same advantage.

By 1958 a U.S. pharmaceutical firm had developed anabolic steroids. Although the physician soon realized the drug had unwanted side effects, it was too late to halt its spread into the sports world.

Early users were mainly bodybuilders, weight lifters, football players, and discus, shot put, or javelin throwers-competitors who relied heavily on bulk and strength.

During the 1970's demand grew as athletes in other sports sought the competitive edge that anabolic steroids seemed to provide.

By the 1980's, as non athletes also discovered the body-enhancing properties of steroids, a black market began to flourish for the illegal production and sale of the drugs for nonmedical purposes.

Would have been very difficult for Babe Ruth to do drugs that had not been invented yet. Maybe he was a basement chemist...... But im sure that Barry Bonds own personal trainer who went to prison for being a steroids dealer who Bonds has said introduced him to "the cream" had a very innocent aquaintance. I guess he was one of the guys ONLY clients not using! Also a HUGE coincidence that Bonds power numbers went through the roof during the time this guy was his personal trainer.

Greg Anderson started Barry Bonds on Winstrol after the 1998 season. It was also known as Stanozolol, the old favorite of body builders, infamous as the drug that brought down Ben Johnson. Anderson provided the steroids and syringes and injected Bonds's backside, although Bonds eventually learned how to inject himself. Anderson began keeping calendars to track Bonds's drug cycle: If a user didn't come off steroids periodically, his body would lose the ability to produce testosterone naturally. Anderson held the unused drugs. There was to be no stash at Bonds's house or in his locker.

For the first time in his life, Bonds was buff. He often stood in front of a mirror, laughing, saying, "How do I look?" By spring training, his weight had increased from around 210 to 225, and almost all of the gain was rock-hard muscle. When he showed up a day late at the Giants' spring training camp in Scottsdale, Ariz., in 1999, angry at the club for refusing to renegotiate his contract, the change in Bonds's physique was startling. Around the Giants, they took to referring to Bonds as "the Incredible Hulk." When Bonds took batting practice, he was driving the ball farther than he ever had before. To teammates, writers and fans in Scottsdale that spring, and especially to Giants management, Bonds's appearance and performance raised a fundamental question: What in hell had he been doing in the off-season? Sportswriters didn't press the question. Most attributed the changes in Bonds's body to a heavy workout regimen, as though a 34-year-old man could gain 15 pounds of muscle in 100 days without drugs.

In the Giants' new park, there would be new drugs. Anderson put Bonds on Deca, the gym rats' name for Deca-Durabolin. Like Winstrol, it was a bodybuilder's injectable steroid, used in medicine to treat anemia associated with kidney failure. Eventually, Anderson started Bonds on human growth hormone (HGH), the synthetic drug being touted by cosmetic surgeons as an anti-aging miracle. Injecting HGH was tricky and painful: Rather than plunging the syringe into a big muscle, the user pinched a bit of skin on the belly with thumb and forefinger and carefully put the needle into the flap. Like a steroid, Growth could help the user increase muscle mass. But it was also thought to strengthen joints and connective tissue and thus was often cocktailed with Deca or other steroids.

Bonds especially liked growth hormone. It allowed him to maintain his impressive musculature without intensive training. That was important because he was doing well to manage 15 or 20 minutes of pumping iron each day during the season, and that wasn't nearly enough to keep one's body looking like a locomotive. But with HGH, Bonds remained buff and more energized to train, yet he felt more flexible. There was an added benefit to the new drug regimen: Bonds stopped complaining about his eyes. At age 35, he felt better than he had in years.

On most mornings in Scottsdale, before leaving to work out, Bonds would grab his "man bag,"which was full of what seemed to be medications, and summon Anderson. "I've got to go talk to him for a minute," Bonds would say, and then the two men would go into the master bedroom and close the door.

Bonds's physical changes during this time were consistent with steroid use. His hair fell out, and he began shaving his head. Perhaps it was her imagination, but the head itself seemed to be getting larger, and the plates of his skull bones stood out in bold relief. Bonds's back broke out in acne, and he would stand in front of the bathroom mirror and say, "Oh, my God, I don't know where this is coming from." Bonds also suffered sexual dysfunction, another common side effect of steroid use.

Bonds became more quick-tempered. When his anger at Bell flared now, he would grab her, stand close to her and whisper intimidating, hurtful things. He insisted on knowing where she was at every hour of the day or night. If he couldn't find her, he would become enraged, and he told her he would kill her if he found she was seeing someone else. Her social life evaporated. He called her so many times at work that her boss began to complain. And his rages became increasingly violent.

But the source of Barry Bonds's newfound power wasn't God at all. It was growth hormone and Greg Anderson. And now new drugs known as the Cream and the Clear.

After the 2000 season ended, Anderson had wanted someone to introduce him to Victor Conte. Conte was the owner of a once-failing business that finally seemed to have turned a corner, thanks largely to sales of ZMA, a legal supplement that was of dubious value but was endorsed by several prominent athletes in exchange for the highly effective -- though illegal -- performance- enhancing drugs Conte provided by way of his network of sophisticated chemists and suppliers. The gross income of Conte's company in 2000, according to court records, was $1.18 million, up from $42,820 two years earlier. BALCO was around the corner from World Gym in Burlingame, where Anderson spent virtually every waking hour and where he trained Bonds. Anderson had learned of Conte's reputation as an innovator in the business of performance-enhancing drugs.

These are exerpts from the book "game of shadows"
    Don't worry Clevestinks.....the Easter Bunny can still exist for you!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Well I'm not sticking up for the roided up freaks of today in Baseball. But baseball has changed alot since the days of Babe Ruth. Now I'm taking away from what Ruth did. He was a great pitcher before he became the first dominate hitter in baseball history from a average and power stand point. His lifetime .342 average and 714 home runs speak for themselves.

But Ruth used a 40 oz bat which would be illegal today. Plus in Ruths time pitchers didn't throw sliders. Ruth didn't have coast to coast trips like today's players. The Babe never played at night. Plus at a onetime in baseball history ground doubles counted as Home Runs which that rule was in place during some years in Ruths career.

Again I'm not taking away from the great things the Great Babe Ruth did. Just pointing out how Baseball has changed through the years and its hard to compare eras.

As for Bonds he was a great player before he took roids when he had a great combination of speed and power. Its just to bad he let his ego get in the way and he became the roided up freak he is today.

Thread Information