Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ike ready to play for Tomlin

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Ike had a bad year after getting his contract done up. Ok I'll play along with that, he didn't just have a few bad games..He had a total bad season. Ike needs to stop talking about what he's going to do and just come out, not talk to anyone and prove hes the player we thought he was. Talk the talk...Walk the walk.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Ike had a bad year after getting his contract done up. Ok I'll play along with that, he didn't just have a few bad games..He had a total bad season. Ike needs to stop talking about what he's going to do and just come out, not talk to anyone and prove hes the player we thought he was. Talk the talk...Walk the walk.

Man that's all we're going to hear this offseason from every player. "I need to go out and get better" " I need to spend this offseason with my teammates" "We need to work harder than last year" ...after the season we had in 2006, every player is going to tell the media how much work they are going to do.

My Mood
    Amazed
    He's looking to bounce back following a disappointing year that resulted in him not starting five games because, quite frankly, former coach Bill Cowher needed a scapegoat for missing the playoffs, and Taylor was it.

As a coach, you have to be able to depend on your players executing according to what they are taught. There's no question that Taylor was not only sloppy in his technique last year, but he wasn't handling his assignments very well either. I was upset that Cowher benched Taylor too, but to say that Cowher used Taylor as a scapegoat for the season is ridiculous--considering we were in the playoff hunt long after Taylor was benched.

Last edited by Steelerlyn; 02-20-2007 at 08:08 PM.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The good thing about Ike is that he's the only one we've seen so far, that's actually out working and getting better. Others like Ben have talked about what they're doing this offseason but we haven't see that yet.

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    The good thing about Ike is that he's the only one we've seen so far, that's actually out working and getting better. Others like Ben have talked about what they're doing this offseason but we haven't see that yet.
    Ben was doing some tv stuff, they all need some me time
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ben needs to balance the TV stuff and me time and start thinking about getting into an offseason program of workouts and film study. Im not saying he should go full bore 80 hours a week on it, but in the early stages of the offseason atleast a couple times a week or so and then increases little by little till minicamps and such start up.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    He's looking to bounce back following a disappointing year that resulted in him not starting five games because, quite frankly, former coach Bill Cowher needed a scapegoat for missing the playoffs, and Taylor was it.

As a coach, you have to be able to depend on your players executing according to what they are taught. There's no question that Taylor was not only sloppy in his technique last year, but he wasn't handling his assignments very well either. I was upset that Cowher benched Taylor too, but to say that Cowher used Taylor as a scapegoat for the season is ridiculous--considering we were in the playoff hunt long after Taylor was benched.

I agree with most of your post Lyn but there were other players that could have been benched just as easily as Ike. It was almost as if BC was singling him out, thus the scapegoat talk. As far as I'm concerned BC lost as many games for us as any one player if not more.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN
    Man that's all we're going to hear this offseason from every player. "I need to go out and get better" " I need to spend this offseason with my teammates" "We need to work harder than last year" ...after the season we had in 2006, every player is going to tell the media how much work they are going to do.
    Yeah I know and don't get me wrong its good to hear but I prefer walkin to talkin. I just believe in the more someone talks about doing something the less likely its going to happen. I guess we'll find out come gametime.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    I agree with most of your post Lyn but there were other players that could have been benched just as easily as Ike. It was almost as if BC was singling him out, thus the scapegoat talk. As far as I'm concerned BC lost as many games for us as any one player if not more.
    Benching Ike didn't do a whole helluva lot for his confidence. He could've benched Ben also but he let him play through it. I guess some people look at it as a motivational tool

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    Well I always thought he brought Ben back to early. I was hoping we'd sit him the 2nd game against a good Jags team. Let him play the 2rd game against the Bungholes and then have the bye week.
    BC was the one who left Holmes in there to drop all the returns that cost us the 1st Cincy game.
    Last edited by Steelersfan; 02-21-2007 at 01:59 AM.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Ben needs to balance the TV stuff and me time and start thinking about getting into an offseason program of workouts and film study. Im not saying he should go full bore 80 hours a week on it, but in the early stages of the offseason atleast a couple times a week or so and then increases little by little till minicamps and such start up.

That just goes along with all the last in and first out crap. You been hearing about Ben.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Thread Information