Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wish McClatchy had sold the Pirates to Mark Cuban!

Gold Standard

I wish McClatchy had sold the Pirates to Mark Cuban!

That would be about the only way the Pirates will ever compete in MLB again! The current owners are more worried about making a buck than putting a winning team on the field. Look at what Cuban has done to the Dallas Mavericks in a very short amount of time. This guy is a billionaire and he's much more interested in winning than anything else! The Mavericks were just like the Pirates are now........laughing stock in the league. The team everybody loves to play when they are looking to end a losing streak. Mark Cuban is a native Pittsburgher and hates just like the rest of us seeing a loser baseball team year after year after year! No end to the losing in site until the franchise belongs to someone else! IMO

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    I thought McClatchy was the mouth piece? For the Nutting family.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Well McClatchy isnt even CEO anymore
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Cuban should own the Penguins and Pirates but they are always a**holes to him about it.

Gold Standard

Would love to see that!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Steeler View Post
    Cuban should own the Penguins and Pirates but they are always a**holes to him about it.

You need a filthy rich bastard like Mark Cuban who wouldn't be afraid to spend a little of his own money to field a winning team! The Pirates could be awesome right now if they just had ownership willing to pay its own players! I could go around the league and name all-star caliber players who used to be Pirates but left for $ reasons. Its not even about buying all the free agent talent like the Yankees do, its about keeping the talent you have and adding to it! It's about not shedding your most talented players every couple of years for prospects because you don't want to dish out the coin for the star on your team who is nearing the end of his contract! Bring on Mark Cuban! He couldn't possibly make the team any worse IMO!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

House of Steel
    Too bad, if I won that $340 Million Mega Millions Lottery. I would outright buy the Pirates and field the best team I could possibly field and we will see how fast the Pirates do a complete 180 turn and put Pittsburgh on the map as the best damn team in baseball. I am sick of the losing myself and Yes, I am a split Indians/Pirates fan. I am sick of the boneheaded *** that owns the Indians that let Alomar, Vizquel, Thome, Sexson, and a few decent pitchers flee Cleveland. Dolan is an *** and so is Shapiro.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Too bad, if I won that $340 Million Mega Millions Lottery. I would outright buy the Pirates and field the best team I could possibly field and we will see how fast the Pirates do a complete 180 turn and put Pittsburgh on the map as the best damn team in baseball. I am sick of the losing myself and Yes, I am a split Indians/Pirates fan. I am sick of the boneheaded *** that owns the Indians that let Alomar, Vizquel, Thome, Sexson, and a few decent pitchers flee Cleveland. Dolan is an *** and so is Shapiro.
    You better have alot more than 340 million to continually field a good team with all the work it will take to turn them around in the first place

House of Steel
    Mark Cuban would be my business partner Trust me, I would sweet talk the man into being the one funneling the money and promising him a World Championship in Pittsburgh I am smart and I know how to win people over.

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Mark Cuban would be my business partner Trust me, I would sweet talk the man into being the one funneling the money and promising him a World Championship in Pittsburgh I am smart and I know how to win people over.
    Good Idea bringing in Cuban. All that money could be extra Pirates help.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I would have loved if Mark Cuban would have bought the Buccos. I will always be a diehard Pirates fan. I don't care if they have 20 straight lossing seasons. I'm tired of the lossing as well but I have faith that oneday the Pirates will turn it around. If that young pitching can develop will be a big key though.

Thread Information