Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Adam Carriker?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    So if there is a need and all the best from that need is gone you want to reach for somebody of a position of need. Example Troy Edward 1999 draft. The Steelers needed a WR and they could have traded down and still drafted Edwards. But they needed a WR and reached for Edwards with the 13th pick.

Sorry I just want to draft players that can help the team regardless of position. Of course no QB's or TE's or needed to waste a first round pick. After the top RB's there isn't a RB that is worth the 15th overall pick. Then of course both K and P you don't draft in the first round. But all other positions should be looked at from a best available stand point.

Yea when the Vikings in the 98 draft didn't need a WR it was gay to draft Randy Moss with their first round pick. Yea Moss is a tool now but he did dominate the NFL when he first came into the NFL.
    well in that case ok, go best availiable, but this year's draft is stocked with badass OLB, that it won't be a reach for moses, moss......spencer would be a reach but there are some badass players that ain't gonna be a reach at 15 that fall into our needs

i don't like carriker and i don't want him drafted here
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    all i know is i rather us draft k train's punter in the first then this hoe lol

this years oline class blows, mabey if Jake long and sam baker cam out we would have some choices but unless your getting thomas or brown, **** going oline in the first round. i say we dont go oline till the 3rd jmo

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    this years oline class blows, mabey if Jake long and sam baker cam out we would have some choices but unless your getting thomas or brown, **** going oline in the first round. i say we dont go oline till the 3rd jmo
    Oh, I agree with after Joe Thomas I'm not really thrilled with the Oline picks in this draft. Yea if Long and Baker did come out that would change things. I do like Joe Staley in the 2nd round though or one of the top guards.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If we EVER drafted a punter in the first round of any draft, we should have our NFL DRAFT cards pulled for stupidity !

you just dont understand what a franchise punter is all about....the guy is a freak, a good ST unit wins championships my friend. lol

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Right, players like that should be a priority, and players like that are ones that we think will do well...however is that what Tomlin and Colbert are thinking? That's the million dollar question. Some of it is common sense, sure, but when it comes to drafting just when you think you've got it figured out, they throw a curve ball at you and draft somebody like Jamain Stephens

And on that note, do we really know if Tomlin is a "take the best player availble" type of guy or a "we draft for need first" type of guy ? I may have missed if he brought that up in any of his PC's or interviews; but that's a big reason why it's so hard to say what we're going to do
    Exactly. Tomlin could take anyone of the "best player available" guys and come away with a good player. I can't say what I want out of this draft without feeling unsure. This draft doesn't appear to have its strength in the first round. So I will say that i think the strength of this draft (for us at least) could be in the mid-late rounds.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

Thread Information