Thread: When posting new threads

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

When posting new threads

Just a heads up for everyone and to our new members as they join the SA family.

Remember when posting articles about our black and gold keep a few things in mind:

1. Always give credit where it's due, post up the link to the original article so we make sure that the writer/publication gets full credit for their information.

2. Make sure your thread titles are clear and concise. This helps with search engine indexing and helps keeps duplicate threads down.
    example: "Steelers Running Back Jerome Bettis should go into the Hall of Fame" is much better than "Bettis should be in hall"

3. Double check and make sure another SA member hasn't already posted it up.

4. If you are posting up an article, use the title of the Article as the title of your thread.

5. Try to comment on the article with some of your own words after posting it up so we know your thoughts on the topic.

6. Put the article as a quote so we know what is part of the article and what is you're own comment.

Carry on and enjoy SA, we're glad to have you onboard!

My Mood
    Addicted
    I wanted to emphasize how important it is to make sure that you post up the appropriate links whenever making a new thread especially, but also in your posts.

Our social networking presence is predicated greatly (but not completely) off this section of the forums so we need to be aware of how we present our information. For example, our android app pulls new threads out of this section to post up into the app so we need to make sure they are as clear, concise, and as organized as possible. Another example is that all of the threads on the homepage scrolling news section come from here so the more informative they can be, the better. Now this doesn't mean you have to go overboard or stress about how to make a thread, just be aware of how your news and information is viewed to others.

Please, Please use proper capitalization and punctuation when making thread titles as well as in your threads. It helps the search engines better index our topics. Be sure to be complete and thorough in your thread titles.

Any questions please drop me a PM.

Thank you all for being the best forum members, friends, and Steeler fans of any site I've every had the pleasure to be a part of.

Thread Information