Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top 3 position of need heading into 2015 draft

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent
    I'd like to see Quinton Couples in the 2nd. Former basketball player with a lot of upside

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Crackhead
    Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    Big CB
    OLB
    TE
    This

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    When you say, " Big CB" I'm thinking Marcus Peters. He's exactly what we need.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Steeler Visitors

Eli Harold among visitors to Steelers

Posted by Josh Alper on April 8, 2015, Profootballtalk.com

Outside linebacker and cornerback are two spots that the Steelers are expected to address in the draft and they met with prospects at both positions in their first round of pre-draft visits on Wednesday.

Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that Virginia linebacker Eli Harold, Utah defensive end/linebacker Nate Orchard and Ole Miss cornerback Senquez Golson met with the team.

Harold isn’t rated as highly as pass rushers like Dante Fowler, Vic Beasley and Shane Ray, but those players are likely to be off the board before the Steelers’ 22nd overall pick comes up on April 30. He had 17.5 sacks and 36.5 tackles for losses during his career with the Cavaliers.

Orchard set a Utah record with 18.5 sacks during his final collegiate season and is seen as a likely second-round pick during the upcoming draft. Golson, who was an eighth-round pick of the Red Sox out of high school as a centerfielder, is expected to go a bit later in the process.

Auburn tight end C.J. Uzomah also visited on Wednesday and Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports that Auburn wide receiver Sammie Coates is scheduled to visit with the team soon.

Rookie Free Agent

Top 3 position of need heading into 2015 draft

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Steeler Visitors

Eli Harold among visitors to Steelers

Posted by Josh Alper on April 8, 2015, Profootballtalk.com

Outside linebacker and cornerback are two spots that the Steelers are expected to address in the draft and they met with prospects at both positions in their first round of pre-draft visits on Wednesday.

Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that Virginia linebacker Eli Harold, Utah defensive end/linebacker Nate Orchard and Ole Miss cornerback Senquez Golson met with the team.

Harold isn’t rated as highly as pass rushers like Dante Fowler, Vic Beasley and Shane Ray, but those players are likely to be off the board before the Steelers’ 22nd overall pick comes up on April 30. He had 17.5 sacks and 36.5 tackles for losses during his career with the Cavaliers.

Orchard set a Utah record with 18.5 sacks during his final collegiate season and is seen as a likely second-round pick during the upcoming draft. Golson, who was an eighth-round pick of the Red Sox out of high school as a centerfielder, is expected to go a bit later in the process.

Auburn tight end C.J. Uzomah also visited on Wednesday and Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports that Auburn wide receiver Sammie Coates is scheduled to visit with the team soon.
    I'm not too picky I just want bpa at a position of need.

OLB and CB are extreme positions of need !

My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by huntem View Post
    They already have a decent NT in McClendon and I think they also hit on McCullers. This would be a position I would only draft late for depth because they are probably gonna cut Cam Thomas
    Little to no faith in McClendon. And Cam Thomas is a bum no doubt. The best way, the fastest way to help that secondary is to get a pass rush. And we also have to stop the run. Especially in this division. With that said, we need to take a viable upgrade at the nose tackle spot. Love McCullers potential but still an unknown.
    "I want to hit cha and hurt cha." Jack Lambert

Rookie Free Agent
    I honestly think mcclendon is underappreciated. He isnt huge but he does well in run stopping

You need to go look at our stats against the run and then come back and assess McClendon.

My Mood
    Addicted
    McClendon is **** poor and terrible against the run. Plus he is an FA at season's end and will want one big payday. He has been injury prone the past few seasons as well.

We screwed the pooch not drafting Carl Davis.

Thread Information