Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Decisions, decisions.....

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I just got my wife a Polamalu jersey for Christmas so he's got to stay too.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelersfaninPhilly View Post
    Joey was thinking of holding out last season before Cowher talked him out of it. That is not leadership. That is being selfish. I hope he pulls the same crap this year. So we can cut ties with him.
    Hines held out and he's a team leader, so what's the difference? Players hold out and threaten to hold out all the time. Jerome nearly held out before he got his deal with us. He was a team leader.

It really comes down too how much is he willing to take to stay with us like he says he wants too.

My Mood
    Addicted
    its one thing to ask a player to restructure his contract (take a paycut) its another thing in how many times are you going to ask certain players to keep doing it?

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Hines held out and he's a team leader, so what's the difference? Players hold out and threaten to hold out all the time. Jerome nearly held out before he got his deal with us. He was a team leader.

It really comes down too how much is he willing to take to stay with us like he says he wants too.

TG, you have a point. But Cowher is not here anymore to smooth over any egos.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post

I was going to say the same thing. This is a business on top of everything. I had a hard time with HInes holding out, but people made me realize that that didn't take away his commitment to the team.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelersfaninPhilly View Post
    TG, you have a point. But Cowher is not here anymore to smooth over any egos.
    Very true, so it's going to be interesting how well Tomlin does that part of his job. Will he appease certain players, or put everybody on the same level. He says everybody is on stage right now to show what they got but we'll see. Will the leaders from the past still feel comfortable being leaders now ? So many questions that we don't have answers to yet.

Thread Information