Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Amercia's Game for steelers

Bookmark and Share
    House of Steel
    I really hope my wife and I's business soars to new height when It comes about. We are praying and hoping. If it does work out, we may even be able to afford the things we've always dream of owning. I would love to own all those DVDs of the Steelers. Money is tight here and some people were very gracious to send me copies of their movies to me in the mail as gifts, but they were all stolen by the movers that we hired. I am to this day still quite upset over it. I saved $65 to get the Steelers History DVD only to have that stolen. LambertLunatic sent me all the Super Bowls of the 70s on DVD and those were even stolen for some lame reason beyond me. All I have is memories and you guys telling the stories about the games. I just hope to own it all again soon.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG7 View Post
    I agree. They like to try and taint our victory, but the Steelers accomplished so much that they are unsucessful. The Steelers did something that no other team has been able to do and went on to convincingly win 3 playoff games on the road and then won the SB.

On another note: this series is a lot of fun watching. I think I will buy the series when it comes out on DVD also.
    I think it's a must have if you can get your hands on it. It's definately one of the best made sports films ever IMO.

I agree. They like to try and taint our victory, but the Steelers accomplished so much that they are unsucessful. The Steelers did something that no other team has been able to do and went on to convincingly win 3 playoff games on the road and then won the SB.
    i always laugh because i know that we did something great that year if everyone has to come up with excuses to hate on us. Even when they forget the way we were almost cheated out of the colts game
    It's ok Bungles, alot of teams confuse one win against the Steerlers in a season as a super bowl berth....

The Steelers....keeping their eyes on the real prize since the 70's

funny vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kle_m3TtMaU

Quote Originally Posted by steeltown_heroes View Post
    i always laugh because i know that we did something great that year if everyone has to come up with excuses to hate on us. Even when they forget the way we were almost cheated out of the colts game
    Oh yes, they always seem to forget...they only remember what they want. Oh well, people can hate all they want....watching their jealousy is actually kind of funny!!!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Fine
    I'm sick of hearing crap about that game.
    I'm with you BBG7!! I have very few things that tick me off like hearin how we didn't "earn" that.

Were there messed up calls? Of COURSE there were--there are in EVERY game, but the bad calls went BOTH ways, and the way the refs called it did not "give" us the win.

Makes me mad, sick, disgusted, etc. when people say such things. Besides, I've got the best barometer of fairness in the world livin right here--as I've said before--I am married to a Browns fan, and even he said we won it fair and square--and believe me, he'd have LOVED to be able to say otherwise!!

The people that talk and try to taint our victory, are people that are jealous...
    You're right--they're jealous, and the rest are just uninformed. They were listenin to the "great John Madden" call that game, and tell me--who could the network have POSSIBLY gotten that would've been ANY more unfair in their comments toward us??

So people who weren't jealous, (and I doubt there were very many) were walkin around thinkin "Well John Madden felt that way, so it MUST be true"...true my butt

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersWoman View Post
    [COLOR=navy]
    Makes me mad, sick, disgusted, etc. when people say such things. Besides, I've got the best barometer of fairness in the world livin right here--as I've said before--I am married to a Browns fan, and even he said we won it fair and square--and believe me, he'd have LOVED to be able to say otherwise!!

You're right--they're jealous, and the rest are just uninformed. They were listenin to the "great John Madden" call that game, and tell me--who could the network have POSSIBLY gotten that would've been ANY more unfair in their comments toward us??

So people who weren't jealous, (and I doubt there were very many) were walkin around thinkin "Well John Madden felt that way, so it MUST be true"...true my butt
    I'm engaged to a Browns fan and he would have loved to be able to say the game was handed to us by the refs, but unfortunately for him....it wasn't, but he knows the game of football and the rules.

THis is true. People have been misinformed by both broadcasters and journalists that don't like the Steelers flat out. Take Skip Bayless for example...he hates us and anyone that has ever listened to him knows that...but he is one of the main people that the Seahawks are using to back their story. They hang on to every word these guys say...but it's like talking to a wall when you prove them wrong.

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Fine
    Yep--have run into that wall myself a few times lol

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersWoman View Post
    Yep--have run into that wall myself a few times lol
    Oh the poor guys in our life....lol

Thread Information