Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cowher on Tomlin...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Chatty
    I think that was a nice article. I think Cowher still loves the Steelers and will miss them but it's the Rooneys he had the problems with. I hope he does well as an analyst. I"m sure he misses his boys! I love Dan Marino, Shannon is ok and Boomer is just Boomer.

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

House of Steel
    Shannon is a Donkey Lips Ego Sucking Maniac. They need to can him. Boomer looks like a dick half the time, but you need a punching bag on that set. LMAO. Dan Marino is my favorite analyist. I will tell you what, if I was on that set, I would have a field day with Shannon.

Cowher didn't really say anything about Tomlin except for he "approves" and think the Steelers made the right choice. You gotta wonder though... do you think Cowher is saying that because he thinks Tomlin will fail and the Steelers will miss him or is he being sincere?

House of Steel
    I think that is Cowher being sincere, he still has a lot of respect for the players, I would hope so.

Reppin' 724
    Eh, I think he will make the show better, but Boomer and Sharpe are just so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    I lost a tremendous amount of respect for Cowher over the past 12 months.
    I'm completely with you on that.

BuFu

My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    I find it insulting that all these years Cowher was our coach, he can't find it in himself to say anything good about Tomlin other than to say, "I can't wait to see how he does" .... that's just BS man, plain and simple. If Cowher had any class at all ... the moment he heard Tomlin was selected he would have called the man to wish him the very best .... a passing of the baton if you will. When asked if Cowher made contact with Tomlin, Mike said, "nope" ....

I lost a tremendous amount of respect for Cowher over the past 12 months.
    That's a good point that I never thought about.
    It would have been a nice final move/gesture on Cowher's part to call and wish Tomlin good luck.
    I bet if Whiz, Grimm or Gailey had gotten the head gig Cowher would have had hit the speed dial to wish them well.

Maybe Bill is pissy because the Rooney's have practically cleaned out his entire staff and only gave Gailey an obligatory interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
    That's a good point that I never thought about.
    It would have been a nice final move/gesture on Cowher's part to call and wish Tomlin good luck.
    I bet if Whiz, Grimm or Gailey had gotten the head gig Cowher would have had hit the speed dial to wish them well.

Maybe Bill is pissy because the Rooney's have practically cleaned out his entire staff and only gave Gailey an obligatory interview.
    i think cowher is just following in his predacessors footsteps, and not stepping on any toes.

this is pretty much how it was when cowher took over for noll. i guess its like wishing a man good luck when trying to have a child with your ex wife.

Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    i think cowher is just following in his predacessors footsteps, and not stepping on any toes.

this is pretty much how it was when cowher took over for noll. i guess its like wishing a man good luck when trying to have a child with your ex wife.
    Nice analogy...

Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    I think that was a nice article. I think Cowher still loves the Steelers and will miss them but it's the Rooneys he had the problems with. I hope he does well as an analyst. I"m sure he misses his boys! I love Dan Marino, Shannon is ok and Boomer is just Boomer.
    Well put

Thread Information