Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: James Harrison announces his retirement

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String
    Wow. I love that guy. I think I have told this story here before, but I do believe this is apropos in this thread:

We were at Steelers training camp and Harrison came down the step by the facility. He had his usual demeanor of appearing as if the was going to rip somebody's head off and not even change expression. My girls, then somewhere around 5 and 8, were leaning over he crowd tape with their hands out. It looked as if he was going to walk by, but he ever so deftly changed direction and gave them each a high five. The man never even changed his expression. My girls still talk about that. I thought it was a nice gesture on his part, while still keeping his iron-like-stolid persona intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    @MarkKaboly_Trib: What I learned about James Harrison covering him for 10 years.His demeanor was mostly an act. It was a show. He tried to intimidate. He loved being a tough guy. He would glare at you and say "what do you want?' and most would just melt. He loved it. When I figured it out I would get kick out of him intimidating media.Would chuckle when he did it.Will go down as 1 of Steelers best.

Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    Wow. I love that guy. I think I have told this story here before, but I do believe this is apropos in this thread:

We were at Steelers training camp and Harrison came down the step by the facility. He had his usual demeanor of appearing as if the was going to rip somebody's head off and not even change expression. My girls, then somewhere around 5 and 8, were leaning over he crowd tape with their hands out. It looked as if he was going to walk by, but he ever so deftly changed direction and gave them each a high five. The man never even changed his expression. My girls still talk about that. I thought it was a nice gesture on his part, while still keeping his iron-like-stolid persona intact.
    Lol that's great. Thanks for sharing.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    Maybe more important but not as memorable.
    I will remember the Lord long after I forget about Goodell.

Thread Information