Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A new ERA begins - Tonights game

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ornery
    I'd sure like to be in the defensive meeting (film room) when their going over Jennings 73 yard TD run. LOL
    "I want to hit cha and hurt cha." Jack Lambert

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
    I'd sure like to be in the defensive meeting (film room) when their going over Jennings 73 yard TD run. LOL
    Pulling guard opened a hole by blocking Heyward, and Timmons was held.

Banned
    Linebacker Sean Spence lost it Saturday night at MetLife Stadium and he couldn't have been happier about it.

The same goes for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Spence, playing in a game for the first time in almost two years, found himself overwhelmed by emotion. And the 2012 third-round draft pick admittedly shed tears prior to the Steelers' first exhibition game.

"I had my helmet on trying to hide but I couldn't hold it [back]," Spence told Steelers Nation Radio's Craig Wolfley following Pittsburgh's 20-16 loss to the New York Giants.

Spence did not hold back once he got on the field either.

Starting for the injured Ryan Shazier at weakside inside linebacker, Spence flashed early, pressuring Eli Manning to throw a pass away on third down and later sticking running back Andre Williams after a short gain.

"Made some plays but I want to go back and watch the film and see the things I messed up on and correct them," Spence said. "It was great to get back out there with the guys."

It was a long time coming too.

Spence shredded his left knee in the Steelers' final preseason game two years ago, tearing several ligaments, dislocating his kneecap and suffering nerve damage.

That his knee is no longer an issue -- his first game back offering more proof of that -- is a testament to the grueling work that Spence put in after the 5-11, 231-pounder's career flashed in front of his eyes.

Asked his initial impressions of Spence's play against the Giants, coach Mike Tomlin said, "I wasn't looking directly at him and I think that just speaks to our level of confidence in terms of where he is. It was good to have him back out there and I know he was excited to be back out there. I thought he represented himself in a solid manner."

Spence summed it up best when talking to Wolfley on the field after the game.

"One [exhibition game] down," he said, "three more to go."

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...d=8090&w=1ea8u

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Pulling guard opened a hole by blocking Heyward, and Timmons was held.
    saw that myself, me and the missus both screamed at the tv on the hold...it was so blatant because the hole in the line was so big....the ref completely missed it.....

no hold, no td....

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanPudding View Post
    Use firstrowsports for free streaming....spence and tuitt look good jarvis got a sack
    I now know how fans in K.C. and Cleveland have felt all those years of not having a shot at the playoffs. This team stinks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by norcojim View Post
    I now know how fans in K.C. and Cleveland have felt all those years of not having a shot at the playoffs. This team stinks.
    Seriously? Smh...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceemadison View Post
    saw that myself, me and the missus both screamed at the tv on the hold...it was so blatant because the hole in the line was so big....the ref completely missed it.....

no hold, no td....
    Exactly. Heyward blamed himself for the play, which he absolutely deserves some of the blame, but if Timmons isn't held or if the refs do their job, no TD. It was a blatant hold in the middle of the play. Not sure how you miss that as an official.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Linebacker Sean Spence lost it Saturday night at MetLife Stadium and he couldn't have been happier about it.

The same goes for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Spence, playing in a game for the first time in almost two years, found himself overwhelmed by emotion. And the 2012 third-round draft pick admittedly shed tears prior to the Steelers' first exhibition game.

"I had my helmet on trying to hide but I couldn't hold it [back]," Spence told Steelers Nation Radio's Craig Wolfley following Pittsburgh's 20-16 loss to the New York Giants.

Spence did not hold back once he got on the field either.

Starting for the injured Ryan Shazier at weakside inside linebacker, Spence flashed early, pressuring Eli Manning to throw a pass away on third down and later sticking running back Andre Williams after a short gain.

"Made some plays but I want to go back and watch the film and see the things I messed up on and correct them," Spence said. "It was great to get back out there with the guys."

It was a long time coming too.

Spence shredded his left knee in the Steelers' final preseason game two years ago, tearing several ligaments, dislocating his kneecap and suffering nerve damage.

That his knee is no longer an issue -- his first game back offering more proof of that -- is a testament to the grueling work that Spence put in after the 5-11, 231-pounder's career flashed in front of his eyes.

Asked his initial impressions of Spence's play against the Giants, coach Mike Tomlin said, "I wasn't looking directly at him and I think that just speaks to our level of confidence in terms of where he is. It was good to have him back out there and I know he was excited to be back out there. I thought he represented himself in a solid manner."

Spence summed it up best when talking to Wolfley on the field after the game.

"One [exhibition game] down," he said, "three more to go."

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...d=8090&w=1ea8u
    Got to pull for this kid. Thanks for posting.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Exactly. Heyward blamed himself for the play, which he absolutely deserves some of the blame, but if Timmons isn't held or if the refs do their job, no TD. It was a blatant hold in the middle of the play. Not sure how you miss that as an official.

Not sure how the refs missed the hold. It was plain as day.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    The hold was blatant but that happens every play and most dont get called unless it grossly effects the play, that one did......what kinda bothers me more is where was the safety help similar to the Pryer TD last season........were the Safety's out of position again or is it the Scheme........even on Archers Screen pass breakaway he was run down/cut off by the safety and he 's the fastest man in the NFL......Man ya gotta love Spence what determination.......oh well not much stock in preseason games but work needs to be done

Thread Information