Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams - Time to move on?

Bookmark and Share
    Man Adams is getting heat badly
    Here We Go Steelers Here We Go

Adams is so bad.

Not surprised to see Bryant play poorly, at all. He has a long ways to go. fwiw Josh Gordon looked lost, scared, and couldnt catch anything his first preseason....bryant is expected to struggle, probably for a year or two

My god I love our starting oline, but the #2 and #3 are dog ****

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    The funny thing is that I watched the game and he did not pass the eye test. I thought he looked horrible even if I was not focusing on him every play. Both the PPG and Pro Football Focus think otherwise.

After the starters departed, Mike Adams played most of the game at left tackle and performed very well, especially in protection -- an area where he has struggled.

Granted, Adams was playing against the Giants' second- and third-team linemen, but it was the best he has looked in a long time.

"It feels great to get out there, get my feet wet and get a chance to play for a while," Adams said. "For an offensive lineman, when you get in the game and get to play a lot, it's better because you get into a rhythm."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...#ixzz3A5eziHNe
    And:
    The only reserve lineman with a clean sheet, according to PFF, was Mike Adams, who struggled for much of the first two weeks of camp. Adams played a team-high 53 snaps.

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/...s/201408100001
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

We need Adams, munchak needs to work some mental magic on mike.

I watched that game against the giants twice now. Adams is completely outplayed on every snap. He is off balance, can't move4 his feet and just gets man handled for being what? 6'7?

My Mood
    Ornery
    turnstile Adams. That fits.
    "I want to hit cha and hurt cha." Jack Lambert

I'd really like the steelers to draft a lockdown lt in this upcoming draft, I think Beachum is solid, but doesn't have a high ceiling, i think he is already at his ceiling. Cant complain though as he was a what? 7th rounder? Or 6th?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Will the Steelers Shop Mike Adams?

Now that Marcus Gilbert has signed a six-year contract, what does the future hold for Mike Adams?

Adams, the team’s second-round pick in 2012, was the team’s starting left tackle at the beginning of last season. Now, it is clear he has fallen out of favor.

The Steelers signed Gilbert through the 2019 season and Kelvin Beachum, the starting left tackle, is signed through the 2015 season, the same years Adams’ rookie contract expires.

Offensive line coach Mike Munchak said Adams and Guy Whimper are battling to see who will be the top swing tackle. If Adams wins that competition there is ample reason to keep him around. He would be viewed by the coaches as the best option to replace Beachum or Gilbert. And the Steelers always seem to lose a lineman or two during the course of a season.

But if Adams does not earn that job there is not much of a reason to keep him on the roster. Whimper is a versatile player that can also play guard. Adams is strictly a tackle.

Adams is not necessarily being pushed for a roster spot, but the Steelers might be able to get something for him.

Are there any teams out there desperate for a tackle? And what exactly are the Steelers willing to take in return?

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/...s/201408190003
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

lol no one is trading for Mike Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
    turnstile Adams. That fits.
    Turnstile? How long did we have Legursky play?

Thread Information