Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams - Time to move on?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Ryan Lee is 6-3, 290-pounds and officially in his first NFL season out of Furman. Originally signed by Pittsburgh as an undrafted free agent in 2012, Lee spent part of his rookie season on the practice squads of the Steelers and Saints. He spent training camp with St. Louis last year before being waived during final roster cuts.
    We gave up on Lee way to early. He would have been a good fit on this line.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I am getting the feeling Adams may have a hard time making the roster. Just a hunch I have.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I am getting the feeling Adams may have a hard time making the roster. Just a hunch I have.
    I think he's gone as well. Why mess with it? Keep a guy that might develop. Now that I said that someone will pick him up and he will go to the pro bowl this year.

Assistant Coach

Mike Adams - Time to move on?

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    lol at you being extra annoying today

Im talking about salvaging his career, not becoming a pro bowler. Hes tall, which would be his biggest problem inside but he can run block and he is pretty mobile.

Hes got a weak punch in pass blocking, hes slow to react, and he cant sustain a block (his biggest problem)

Wasnt really comparing him and boone as players, just you dont see many 6-8 guards. I can only really think of Boone and Ogden that played guard successfully at that height because it leads to leverage problems. Im sure theres more than those two though

I think he can get better, but I am now officially concerned he might be tony hills 2.0. Glad to hear Gilbert is looking good though. Heyward, Gilbert, and Allen might actually make a decent class for 2011
    Nothing about Adams very limited ability suggests he'd have success at guard where his in ability to leverage and his inadequate upper body strength would be strait up comical.

There's a reason that you will never see the steelers attempt to salvage their 2nd round pick by trying him at guard

Your suggestion was a laughable, grasping at straws attempt to find something NOT negative to say about a total bust that you've always liked
    Return of the Banana

Draft Pick
    I believe they will keep him for the season. Not really based on merit but on egos in the f.o. If he'd been a 6-7th round pick he would have been gone long ago. If they dump him now,embarrassing questions will be asked. There's also the outside chance that he could be used as leverage to keep Gilbert's contract demands in check but that's highly unlikely.

That was your BOY

But what does that have to do with this lol
    Sorry, i forgot to mention the browns signed him monday

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Nothing about Adams very limited ability suggests he'd have success at guard where his in ability to leverage and his inadequate upper body strength would be strait up comical.

There's a reason that you will never see the steelers attempt to salvage their 2nd round pick by trying him at guard

Your suggestion was a laughable, grasping at straws attempt to find something NOT negative to say about a total bust that you've always liked
    I'm not grasping at anything. Especially since we have a ton of guards on the roster. I'd still rather just not out right cut him. He will likely be a 3rd TE this season, a position Starks played for a while when he got benched btw (but he was always the best player on the line right? Captain hindsight...Starks improved greatly over the course of his career but he was shaky and extended but to most of the fans displeasure)

Also running primarily zone Adams would be fine at guard. Not that he could beat out foster though, the current worst player on the line and a horrible fit for zbs, and for a 330 pound guard a weak run blocker

I've said plenty of negative about Adams. He's just like sweed, a major disappointment of a player I really liked. I bet every player you like turns out to be amazing right?

We seem to hit on every other buckeye we draft.

Holmes Hit
    Gibson Miss
    Heyward Hit
    Adams Miss
    Shazier.....well, you can figure it out

Might be missing a few

But that ratio is better than missing on every single texas player
    Last edited by K Train; 08-05-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Draft Pick

Assistant Coach
    I'm not grasping at anything. Especially since we have a ton of guards on the roster. I'd still rather just not out right cut him. He will likely be a 3rd TE this season, a position Starks played for a while when he got benched btw (but he was always the best player on the line right? Captain hindsight...Starks improved greatly over the course of his career but he was shaky and extended but to most of the fans displeasure)
    You know you've lost the argument when you resort to changing someones statements

Also running primarily zone Adams would be fine at guard.
    bahahahahaa

Im not sure what your definition of primarily is... but if it's similar to mine, you are wrong about how much we will run zone.

Not that he could beat out foster though, the current worst player on the line and a horrible fit for zbs, and for a 330 pound guard a weak run blocker
    If you ever need to know my opinion of an offensive linemen, just take what you think, and determine what the exact opposite of that is...

I've said plenty of negative about Adams. He's just like sweed, a major disappointment of a player I really liked. I bet every player you like turns out to be amazing right?
    I like players who are good. And if I expect them to be good, and they are terrible... i state that they are terrible without caveats to make myself feel better about a poor evaluation. (I thought Adams was going to be our franchise LT... but I don't stay on the bandwagon)

Stating that Adams could definitely play guard in zone is just embarrassing.

newsflash... Adams can't play anything. He's awful at his position of experience throughout his entire career. Expecting him to simply go play another position that you apparently think takes an inferior skill set is just an embarrassing position to take.

FYI, run blocking in zone, takes MORE skill from the interior, than it does from the exterior. Adams has no skill.

Adams has shown literally nothing to indicate he could play Guard. Making the statement you made comes from imaginary talent and the generic idea that "he's athletic" and Guard is easier... therefore Adams can play Guard

Dumb
    Return of the Banana

Thread Information