Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams - Time to move on?

Bookmark and Share
    Banned

Mike Adams - Time to move on?

He's awful.
    He's having another awful camp.

Can we just cut him and move on?

I guess since it's 500k in dead cap space, he'll likely make the team and waste a roster spot for a year, before being cut next year when he takes up 1.125 in cap space, and can instead be cut for 250k dead

K-train do you still believe that Munchak is going to sprinkle magic dust on him?

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    He's awful.
    He's having another awful camp.

Can we just cut him and move on?

I guess since it's 500k in dead cap space, he'll likely make the team and waste a roster spot for a year, before being cut next year when he takes up 1.125 in cap space, and can instead be cut for 250k dead

K-train do you still believe that Munchak is going to sprinkle magic dust on him?
    He is exactly what max starks was in 04/05

I do think he will get better still. It sucks seeing Sentreal Henderson play so well last night though as they are pretty similar players

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    He is exactly what max starks was in 04/05

I do think he will get better still. It sucks seeing Sentreal Henderson play so well last night though as they are pretty similar players

good god that's a horrible comparison

Just because 2 players are similar in size, doesn't mean they are comparable.

In his 2nd year, Max Starks started 16 games and won a super bowl.
    In that 2nd year, he established himself as a middle of the pack starting RT

I enjoy how you will stand by players you mistakenly believed in til the end...

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post

good god that's a horrible comparison

Just because 2 players are similar in size, doesn't mean they are comparable.

In his 2nd year, Max Starks started 16 games and won a super bowl.
    In that 2nd year, he established himself as a middle of the pack starting RT
    I mean hated by fans. Called soft (which he was, and which was why he was a 3rd round pick), a good run blocker but a ****** pass blocker. The line starks played on was much better than this current one but he was definitely the worst player on it and he grew into a pretty damn solid player

Right now, Adams pass blocking is putrid. I think he can still improve, but his career is depending on it so we will see i guess. If he keeps playing poorly them resigning gilbert will be inevitable

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I mean hated by fans. Called soft (which he was, and which was why he was a 3rd round pick), a good run blocker but a ****** pass blocker. The line starks played on was much better than this current one but he was definitely the worst player on it and he grew into a pretty damn solid player

Right now, Adams pass blocking is putrid. I think he can still improve, but his career is depending on it so we will see i guess. If he keeps playing poorly them resigning gilbert will be inevitable
    I read just this morning that the Steelers may be looking to extend him before the end of camp. I guess he looks great.

As far as Adams, I agree that he should get one more year. He is adequate as the extra TE in the big package and it is not like he is taking the space of some world beater. Munchak may not have "magic dust" but if anyone can make a player out of Adams, it is him.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Banned

Max was never the worst player on ANY line he played on. Whomever was playing RG at any given time during his career was always worse (Simmons, Essex, Stapleton shudder...). And for most of his career he was the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd best player on the Oline...

Re-signing Gilbert now should be a priority. They should be able to lock him up at a fair lower starting tackle rate, and prevent the Starks situation from years ago...(having no depth, and being forced to franchise).

It's really hard to peg the value... since contracts are now clearly more dependant on position and starting rate, vs evaluation of talent.

RTs: Collins, Oher, Howard, Smith and Herremans just got 5.5 to 6 per for 3-5 years... Loadholt, Davis, and Cherilus are at the top of the market at 6-7 per.

So I think you can fairly estimate that Gilbert is going to be in that 5.5-6 per range...
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 08-04-2014 at 11:07 AM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Adams at maximum has 1 year year to prove his worth. However, it wouldn't surprise me of he did not make the final roster.

I've been holding out hope for Mike but I'm losing faith in him!

All Adams will be here is an extra run blocker on 3rd and shorts and in the redzone for blocking on run plays or PA pass. Other than that, he will finish out next season and we move on. I'd rather have guy whimper than adams. If we stop looking at Mikes potential a nd just realize he is another backup at best, it's not so bad.

He probably should move to guard...another tall *** guard like Alex Boone. Would highlight his best qualities and hide his abysmal pass blocking on the edge

Thread Information