Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Bengals Sign Ginger for 6 Years~$19 Million Per

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,363
    My Mood
    Ratbirds

    Bengals Sign Ginger for 6 Years~$19 Million Per

    It looks like the Bengals are hitching their wagon to his star for years to come.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...llion-contract

  2. #2
    Banned K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,999
    The market for average QBs is out of control

    AJ Green is going to demand to get PAID

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ban City
    Posts
    5,185
    that's hysterical

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,363
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    If I was Ben, I would ask $30 million. OK, that is tongue in cheek but two championships has to be worth considerably more than $19 million.

  5. #5
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,833
    Dalton is our best player!

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ban City
    Posts
    5,185
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    If I was Ben, I would ask $30 million. OK, that is tongue in cheek but two championships has to be worth considerably more than $19 million.
    I actually agree.

    Assuming they tear up the last year of his deal (although they won't be able to get rid of the 6.8 in amortized cap from the last contract and restructures)

    IMO, if Ben settles in the 22.1 per year average (breaking Rodgers 22.0), he'd still be taking a hometown discount.

    If he has the year I think he's going to have, he can ask for 6 years / 150 mil / 25 per... and it would be fair, based on the market.

  7. #7
    2nd String Steeltrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Posts
    566
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    that's hysterical
    Exactly! Another team in our division that has handicapped itself by giving the farm to a non-play making QB. Only play making QB's should make that type of doe.Because they will be handicapped because they are going to have to pay A.J. Green. This is great news. You can put a line through them along the with Ravens. Both of those teams will not be winning anything anytime soon. Great news for us!
    "I want to hit cha and hurt cha." Jack Lambert

  8. #8
    2nd String Steeltrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Posts
    566
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I actually agree.

    Assuming they tear up the last year of his deal (although they won't be able to get rid of the 6.8 in amortized cap from the last contract and restructures)

    IMO, if Ben settles in the 22.1 per year average (breaking Rodgers 22.0), he'd still be taking a hometown discount.

    If he has the year I think he's going to have, he can ask for 6 years / 150 mil / 25 per... and it would be fair, based on the market.
    I'd go 120 with Ben. Leave us a little room to wiggle with will ya? LOL
    "I want to hit cha and hurt cha." Jack Lambert

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ban City
    Posts
    5,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
    I'd go 120 with Ben. Leave us a little room to wiggle with will ya? LOL
    so 6 years / 120 / 20 per ?

    With Flacco making MORE than 20 per
    And Dalton making 19 per

    Why should Ben take 20 per?

    Never gonna happen

  10. #10
    Banned K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,999
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    so 6 years / 120 / 20 per ?

    With Flacco making MORE than 20 per
    And Dalton making 19 per

    Why should Ben take 20 per?

    Never gonna happen
    Somethings gotta give eventually. Hes 32, and will be 33 when he signs a new deal. Im not sure a 6 year extenstion is in his future

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bengals sign Terrance Newman
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 11:52 PM
  2. Cincinnati Bengals sign Benson...
    By BlacknGold Bleeder in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 03:38 PM
  3. 49ers get Clements 8 years 80 million
    By K Train in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 09:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •