Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pouncey signs 5 yrs / 44 million / Highest Paid Center

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach

Pouncey signs 5 yrs / 44 million / Highest Paid Center

idiotic move...

Just when we were getting everything fixed... we go an do something like this... and prove how stupid we still are...

nearly 9 million per... this **** is so stupid.... i dont care how much you like Pouncey....

we could've let him play out the final year of his rookie deal... and then franchised him for less

****ing idiots
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 06-12-2014 at 10:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

Well, he is a very very good center, and those are not easy to come by after all. According to the infamous PFF he has been getting better each year, and now he'll actually have a decent line around him to work with. I'm not sure I would have paid as much for him, but I'm happy they managed to keep him.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Ornery
    Well, that ends all that controversy we had around here about Pouncey a few weeks ago. Obviously, the front office feels he's a team leader (like someone was saying) and Ben said publicly that Pouncey is his security blanket. No more talk is now needed about him joining his brother.
    "I want to hit cha and hurt cha." Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    idiotic move...

Just when we were getting everything fixed... we go an do something like this... and prove how stupid we still are...

nearly 9 million per... this **** is so stupid.... i dont care how much you like Pouncey....

we could've let him play out the final year of his rookie deal... and then franchised him for less

****ing idiots
    This is great news. Centers of his caliber dont just pop up every day. Over pay one a little rather than going through 7 years of Sean Mahan and Justin Hartwig

And Steeler Nation starts collectively slitting their wrists...

Too much? Probably. But I'm glad he's locked up.

I was so right on this one.

I think he lives up to it, this oline is on the cusp of dominance i think.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    This is great news. Centers of his caliber dont just pop up every day. Over pay one a little rather than going through 7 years of Sean Mahan and Justin Hartwig
    For a guy coming off a major injury? I agree with NPB. He could have played out his rookie contract and they could have franchised him a year. Even if he played great, they still could have signed him for virtually the same contract in 2016. I just do not see the logic.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

He is technically 6 years $48 million right now with the extension.

Are the exact terms out?

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Don't think this changes his cap hit this year, we still have a good amount of space after getting the Woodley money, and the cap is going to keep increasig with these $10+ mil spikes. They overpaid him a bit, but I'm confident it'll be worth it.

Too much would also depend on the intangibles of the deal. I hope they gave him a bunch of guaranteed money, in order to keep the caphit down a bit. I can easily live with him being paid 5-7 per year. Thats reasonable enough for a player of his caliber imo. Whats more, I'm betting there is a few clauses in regards to health as well.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information