Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cowher returning to the NFL.....

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

Cowher returning to the NFL.....

Former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher is returning to the NFL -- as an analyst on CBS' Sunday The NFL Today studio show.

Cowher resigned as the Steelers' coach last month following 15 seasons, and less than a year after winning the Super Bowl. He said he wants to spend more time with his family in Raleigh, N.C., but that working on the CBS show will allow him to keep his ties to the league.

Cowher, speaking on a conference call Thursday, did not rule out a return to coaching but said, "I'm planning on doing this for a couple of years."

Cowher also said he won't have problems critiquing his former team, saying it would be no different than doing so from the Steelers' sideline.

CBS will add Cowher to the show without any of the other analysts leaving -- Dan Marino, Shannon Sharpe and Boomer Esiason will return, as will host James Brown and former NFL general manager Charlie Casserly.

AP NEWS
    The Associated Press News Service

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Cowher better watch himself. He's dancing a fine line hear of what he said he was going to do and what he's starting to do.

I hope he does well and enjoys his stint as an analyst, but he won't do this for more than a year or 2 at the most before the coaching bug calls him again, IMO.

I hope CBS has their squeegee's and mops ready for the spit fest

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    They are keeping Shannon Sharpe?

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

My Mood
    Angry
    I hope the production meetings for the studio show don't keep Bill away from home and his family too much.

I want to see Cowher own Sharpe and Boomer.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Cowher is proving what a liar and a damn phony he is by accepting this job as an analyst in the studio. I guess the commute from Raleigh to New York every weekend wont bother his family that much. The whole thing with Cowher wanting to be there with his girls and his family is all a bunch of ****. He said by taking this job it will allow him to keep ties to the NFL?? Gee I wonder why he would want to do that hmmm?? Could it be cause he is coming back to coach ummm lets say next year in 2008. Cowher and his wife and family said Oh I wanna be able to go out sometime and not get bothered all the time, yet in turn Cowher cant keep his *** off tv. This really makes Cowher look like a liar and a total hyprocrite. I wish from now on Cowher and his stuck up wife and kids would just shut up and appreciate the situation they are in and realize how privileged they truly are. This thing with Cowher just makes me sick.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Cowher is proving what a liar and a damn phony he is by accepting this job as an analyst in the studio. I guess the commute from Raleigh to New York every weekend wont bother his family that much. The whole thing with Cowher wanting to be there with his girls and his family is all a bunch of ****. He said by taking this job it will allow him to keep ties to the NFL?? Gee I wonder why he would want to do that hmmm?? Could it be cause he is coming back to coach ummm lets say next year in 2008. Cowher and his wife and family said Oh I wanna be able to go out sometime and not get bothered all the time, yet in turn Cowher cant keep his *** off tv. This really makes Cowher look like a liar and a total hyprocrite. I wish from now on Cowher and his stuck up wife and kids would just shut up and appreciate the situation they are in and realize how privileged they truly are. This thing with Cowher just makes me sick.
    Come on, the man has been living with his wife and daughter for a little over a month now, don't you think he is going crazy already? He said he wasn't "planning" on doing anything for two years. Plans change people make up their mind. I see nothing wrong with this, and I am actually looking forward to seeing him on CBS. It would have been cooler for him to go to NBC with the Bus, but oh well.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    He is only working one day a week maybe two. Besides cowher has a mortage to pay off.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Yeah it just proves more and more that he left the Steelers because the Rooney's wouldnt pay him the contract that he wanted more so Art then Dan. There is no doubt with the way they both acted at Cowher's retirement press conference that Bill Cowher and Art Rooney are not very close. He left because the Rooney's wouldnt pay him the big money. He didnt leave because he wanted to spend all this time with his family and all this other crap. It just irritates me because of the half *** way Cowher handled things this past season with the whole retirement distraction thing, and the way the team played most of the season, which did have a huge effect on the way the team played from training camp on last year. Plus you hear Cowher give this big speech about wanting to spend all his time at home with his family and do nothing football related and here you have it not even 6 weeks later the guy takes a damn job at CBS. It just proves that Cowher is a liar, and that he has every intention of getting back into coaching in the 2008 season.

Reppin' 724
    why do you care? You have two choices......A. **** and moan B. Get over it

Most of us already chose B.

Thread Information