Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suisham signs a new 4 year deal

Bookmark and Share
    Were they lesser? I know we like to think the steelers are superior, against notoriously bad teams especially but they played some bad football to kick off the year

My Mood
    Addicted
    What was the Raiders record last year?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    If only we could show up prepared against lesser opponents. Beat the dead horse............
    Or our well-prepared players were just not that good. DLB did not bite on the fake handoff on the Pryor run and Tomlin did not miss his man when Mezko had his punt blocked. Noll did not just figure out how to prepare a team to play in 1972. He knew in 1969, but just did not have the players.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

What was the Raiders record last year?
    Steelers were 2-4 when they played them, the raiders were also 2-4

Difference is the steelers won 6 of their last 8, the raiders lost 7 of their last 8 but also had an undrafted rookie QB leading them

Draft Pick
    Well Swish has been a fairly reliable kicker,particularly for the number of games played on grass each year. Wing has a pretty big leg..maybe he can the "long kicker" or handle kickoff duties??.

Banned
    stop it

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    stop it
    Who?

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Or our well-prepared players were just not that good. DLB did not bite on the fake handoff on the Pryor run and Tomlin did not miss his man when Mezko had his punt blocked. Noll did not just figure out how to prepare a team to play in 1972. He knew in 1969, but just did not have the players.
    BS, we had the talent to go 11-5 easily last year and it was pissed away. How can anyone justify losing to Miami (warm weather team in Pittsburgh) with your playoff life on the line. This team was not prepared 3 or 4 times last year. Had nothing to do with the players, the same players won 6 of the last 8 games.

My Mood
    Addicted
    What was the Raiders final record last year? Who did they beat and who did they lose to?

My Mood
    Ratbirds

Suisham signs a new 4 year deal

BS, we had the talent to go 11-5 easily last year and it was pissed away. How can anyone justify losing to Miami (warm weather team in Pittsburgh) with your playoff life on the line. This team was not prepared 3 or 4 times last year. Had nothing to do with the players, the same players won 6 of the last 8 games.
    If we had so much talent the last couple of years, then why is so much of it now gone?

And your "won 6 of the last 8 games" theory cuts both ways. What makes you think the coaches prepared the team any differently in the first 8 games? Evidence?

The team was crushed with injuries in the beginning of the year. They lost their most important lineman a few plays in and had to scrap their blocking scheme. They lost their starting RB beginning of the year. They lost a starting ILB who called the D and had to put a rookie there. There star TE was a shell of himself for the first half. That and Pouncey contributed to Ben playing poorly. We can go on and on.

They played better the second half because replacements and rookies started to get more comfortable with experience.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information