Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why so many doubters for this team?

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    We need to stop losing to loser teams...

Then we will turn the corner.
    Spot on. Last year if we beat the crappy Raiders and Vikings we don't have to whine about Andy Reid doing anything. We beat those two teams we're resting our starters the last game. By the way that team almost won that game with most of the starting skill guys on the bench. A blown field goal was the difference. This is the major reason I'm not completely on board with this team at this point. I believe that those two games were a direct result of poor coaching by the whole staff. Beat the teams you should beat and your in. Done. Prepare and motivate just as hard to play those teams and your in. We'll see how the year goes. Back to back 8-8 years and declining talent levels, horrible drafts, poruos defense, poor O line, and there are just as many reasons to be cautious about this year. That first game will tell a lot about this team. We need to whip the Browns. Not just beat them but beat them convincingly. 4 of our first 6 games are on the road. We play the Browns then the Ravens week 1 and 2. That could set up the rest of the division fight for the rest of the year right there. Preperation for those two games will be key. At least we'll be able to see what this team has early in the way of heart and getting ready to play.

My Mood
    Addicted
    When was the last time we really beat (whipped) a team? I don't mean the last time we won, when was the last time we dominated from start to finish, in all aspects of the game?

Tic-toc

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Realistically with Rose colored glasses on or off, optimistic or pessimistic.... This is a 8-8 team that with some improved Game Day coaching, and younger players stepping up could easily win 2 more games to get to 10-6 but definitely will not lose more than 8 games unless BR7 goes down early.......The Steelers are definitely on the right track but are two seasons away from being a contending force......

My Mood
    Addicted
    Better coaching and preparation should have netted 3 more wins easily last year, Raiders, Vikings, and Dolphins. 11-5 was a real possibility, but was pissed away.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    Realistically with Rose colored glasses on or off, optimistic or pessimistic.... This is a 8-8 team that with some improved Game Day coaching, and younger players stepping up could easily win 2 more games to get to 10-6 but definitely will not lose more than 8 games unless BR7 goes down early.......The Steelers are definitely on the right track but are two seasons away from being a contending force......
    One season away. The defense still needs work, but the offense is coming together.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    One season away. The defense still needs work, but the offense is coming together.
    Actually when I say 2 seasons I mean 2015.....14 being one and 15 being two......

My Mood
    Patriotic
    The Vegas over/under is 8.5 games for the Steelers. If anyone is so sure they will not win more than 8 games than why not put your money where your mouth is by taking under 8.5 games.
    Haters gonna hate, winners gonna win. Let the haters motivate.

WHO CARE: What anyone says, is not going to change what happens on the field this season: Besides opions are like *ss holes. everyone one has one and most times they skink.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    We need to stop losing to loser teams...

Then we will turn the corner.
    This^
    Here We Go Steelers Here We Go

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by greg1964 View Post
    WHO CARE: What anyone says, is not going to change what happens on the field this season: Besides opions are like *ss holes. everyone one has one and most times they skink.
    HEY! I don't stink! Thank you very much

Thread Information