Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Projected Record at the Season Mid-Point

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Funny thing is my comments were not negative towards Tomlin at all ......I just stated that he is safe this season no matter what the team does...but he will be in trouble if they don't win 10 or more games in 2015.....but.... the kids got their panties in a wad because I even made a comment about him......even Tomlin admitted he will be on the hot seat if they don't get better quick.....Then like kids in a tantrum they start bringing up playoffs and super bowls which was never mentioned by me at all nor has it ever been mentioned by me.....I judge a team by it's season record and always will the playoffs and Super Bowls will work out from there......Finally what happened the past 45 years is irrelevant to today ownership the old man and his sons aren't running things now ARII is in charge and he is completly different ............

Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    Funny thing is my comments were not negative towards Tomlin at all ......I just stated that he is safe this season no matter what the team does...but he will be in trouble if they don't win 10 or more games in 2015.....but.... the kids got their panties in a wad because I even made a comment about him......even Tomlin admitted he will be on the hot seat if they don't get better quick.....Then like kids in a tantrum they start bringing up playoffs and super bowls which was never mentioned by me at all nor has it ever been mentioned by me.....I judge a team by it's season record and always will the playoffs and Super Bowls will work out from there......Finally what happened the past 45 years is irrelevant to today ownership the old man and his sons aren't running things now ARII is in charge and he is completly different ............
    I didnt throw a "tantrum", nor was i talking directly to you.

You said if tomlin doesnt win 10 games in 2015 he will be gone, that just is not true (probably)

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Tantrum was wrong word........But by Tomlins own admission he will be on the hot seat if they don't turn it around.....ARII is a product of the "What have you done for me lately" generation.....he knows Steeler fans are a little restless already seats are empty, media is on him,.......Loyalties are a thing of the past....on both sides Players and Owners to include Coaches......I do agree this is not just any team in the NFL but winning is the only thing that counts in Pro sports today.......As much as I bitch about Tomlin their are plenty worse Head Coaches in the NFL.....albeit he needs to improve on Game Day.....

Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    Tantrum was wrong word........But by Tomlins own admission he will be on the hot seat if they don't turn it around.....ARII is a product of the "What have you done for me lately" generation.....he knows Steeler fans are a little restless already seats are empty, media is on him,.......Loyalties are a thing of the past....on both sides Players and Owners to include Coaches......I do agree this is not just any team in the NFL but winning is the only thing that counts in Pro sports today.......As much as I bitch about Tomlin their are plenty worse Head Coaches in the NFL.....albeit he needs to improve on Game Day.....
    Him saying that is pretty PC, he knows they need to be better he is starting to get heat from the fans (although right now after a good draft, a tremendous FA period, a great hiring at OL coach, an offense built to keep ben upright and a real live running attack, and finishing the season 6-2 im not sure what else he could have done over the past 7 months to show hes making a very real effort in gettin back into the playoffs and division contention)

Tomlin is very well respected across the league by players, management, and piers...he will have a job in the NFL until he decides to call it quits, i doubt a rough patch is going to force the steelers into coach roulette

Very few new coaches come in and win now....theres sean payton, the harbaughs, and tomlin who were all the next hot up and coming coaching candidates, but really a lot of those guys flame out too...3 of them are on our coaching staff right now.

He had great early success, but theres things for him to learn too and grow into the position, i imagine tomlin will be around for a long time

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Just so you get the most out of your outing, 5-3 or 6-2. You will be watching the battle for the division, enjoy!

My Mood
    Ornery
    If we can play hard, and make the ball bounce our way on turnovers, 6-2 is very doable.
    "I want to hit cha and hurt cha." Jack Lambert

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Just so you get the most out of your outing, 5-3 or 6-2. You will be watching the battle for the division, enjoy!
    Hell....after looking closer at our schedule, if we're not 5-3 or 6-2 we all better prepare for Armageddon. Five of our first seven games are against league doormats. The biggest challenge will be in how to get up for those games. I guess we will see if Tomlin can motivate the boys.

6-2 I think they'll come out strong

My Mood
    Patriotic
    The crystal ball says: The Steelers will be good this season, and the schedule doesn't hurt. The Bengals are a little bit better, talent-wise, but Cincinnati has a brutal first-place schedule. The difference in schedules should allow the Steelers to sneak past the Bengals and win the division.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...154345098.html
    Haters gonna hate, winners gonna win. Let the haters motivate.

Draft Pick
    4-4 en route to 8-8 again. I guess the standard is the standard now. Fingers crossed this 8-8 finish is the nail in the Tomlin coffin and we can get serious once again about Steeler football.

Thread Information