Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    ^^^^^

My Mood
    Ratbirds

Projected Record at the Season Mid-Point

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    The fact of the matter is we lost to the Vikings, Raiders, and Dolphins last year (when our play-off lives were on the line, in cold weather no less). We were manhandled by the Patriots. Yes, I believe we will be a better team this year, but the facts are the facts. We lost to inferior teams and were ill-prepared many times over the past few seasons.
    Agreed. Until proven otherwise, they do not deserve the benefit of the doubt about penciling in "wins."
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Agreed. Until proven otherwise, they do not deserve the benefit of the doubt about penciling in "wins."
    I agree 100% with that

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Which is why I had them at 5-3. But, the Panthers suck . Sarcasm intended.

I have them losing to the Ravens/Panthers/Colts. Which is a strong possibility. But, we will see how Tomlin has grown as a coach and how this team will grow together.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Another 8-8 or worse season Tomlin will get a pass.....but in 2015 if he doesn't have double digit wins he will be gone.....The Team needs to improve but Tomlin also has to tighten up his coaching especially Game Management.......Biggest key for the Steelers is BR7 he must STAY HEALTHY....

Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    Another 8-8 or worse season Tomlin will get a pass.....but in 2015 if he doesn't have double digit wins he will be gone.....The Team needs to improve but Tomlin also has to tighten up his coaching especially Game Management.......Biggest key for the Steelers is BR7 he must STAY HEALTHY....
    Just like Cowher got "a pass" when his teams missed the playoffs three straight years. Two of those years being losing seasons, which The Steelers have yet to have under Tomlin. Yeah yeah yeah "Cowher didn't have a franchise QB"... That's not the point. The point is that the Steelers organization isn't like every other organization. They don't make rash decisions like a lot of other teams do. If they were like other teams (or fans on here), Cowher would've been gone after that stretch, if they even let it get that far. There's a reason they've only had three head coaches over the last 45+ years.

tomlin could go 8-8 for a decade and his job will be safe....boohoo us, the steelers havent been to the superbowl in over 3 years lol

Some teams struggle to win 5 games year in and year out....this team was a FG away from making the playoffs even with some big holes in the roster

What if he went 1 and done in the playoffs for the next 3 years? Most teams would kill to make the playoffs 3 years in a row but in pittsburgh tomlin isnt judged by his regular season record, his playoff appearences, or his playoff wins. Its superbowls or nothing.
    Last edited by K Train; 07-22-2014 at 04:42 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    tomlin could go 8-8 for a decade and his job will be safe....boohoo us, the steelers havent been to the superbowl in over 3 years lol

Some teams struggle to win 5 games year in and year out....this team was a FG away from making the playoffs even with some big holes in the roster

What if he went 1 and done in the playoffs for the next 3 years? Most teams would kill to make the playoffs 3 years in a row but in pittsburgh tomlin isnt judged by his regular season record, his playoff appearences, or his playoff wins. Its superbowls or nothing.
    We're not "most teams". We are "THEE PITTSBURGH STEELERS".

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    We're not "most teams". We are "THEE PITTSBURGH STEELERS".
    See, we are snobs lol

It would have probably been ok if we didn't lose to Tim ****ing Tebow . God for bid, if anyone brings up anything negative about Tomlin on here

Thread Information