Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your All Pro Center......

Bookmark and Share
    Pouncey is not a top 3 center but he's certainly in the 5-8 range. But he also just turned 25 years old and will be playing in a system tailor made for his skillset. His contract was given to him based off of what he is going to be, as well as what he's accomplished so far.

Pouncey is generally overrated. Or at least he used to be. He's been called overrated so much that he's pretty much underrated. To some fans, being overrated in anyway is like the worst possible thing a player can be. Guys like FlatsSteeler will hate them because they aren't the best at their position like some May claim them to be.
    Last edited by Big T; 07-19-2014 at 03:53 PM.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Pouncey is not a top 3 center but he's certainly in the 5-8 range. But he also just turned 25 years old and will be playing in a system tailor made for his skillset. His contract was given to him based off of what he is going to be, as well as what he's accomplished so far.

Pouncey is generally overrated. Or at least he used to be. He's been called overrated so much that he's pretty much underrated. To some fans, being overrated in anyway is like the worst possible thing a player can be. Guys like FlatsSteeler will hate them because they aren't the best at their position like some May claim them to be.
    Again no stats just smoke n mirrors......BTW I have NEVER said I hate him, I really don't HATE anybody, never have never will.....My disdain for Pouncey doesn't come from his abilities as a professional center in the NFL but more fore the premature accolades he has received and has parlayed into a huge grossly unearned contract....his off field antics dont bother me as much as his charade as a Top Center, although they don't help improve his image in my mind...which BTW doesn't mean crap to anybody but me.......I know this makes me a horrible Steeler fan in some of you kids eyes but you will get it some day.......In the big scheme of things if he left tomorrow you would all be off his bandwagon.....once you realize you all just cheer for Laundry(B&G uniforms) not individuals you will finally get it.........

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Oh and buy the way....I take offense to "Hate" and "Guys Like" comments......But So Be It......

My Mood
    Ratbirds

Your All Pro Center......

Lol You say that you do not hate him but then use the word "disdain" in the next sentence. They are pretty much synonyms.

You then go on to say that your disdain is because of "premature accolades" and his "charade" as a top center.

You do realize that he did not write the articles or make the statements, right? That there is no "charade" and he has virtually no blame for anything written or said about his play?

If you think it is all wrong, save the disdain for the media. If he is grossly overpaid, save the disdain for Colbert and Tomlin.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Tarls.....Oh....Ok......

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Merriam- Webster
    1dis·dain noun \dis-ˈdān\
    : a feeling of strong dislike or disapproval of someone or something you think does not deserve respect

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hate
    a : intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury. b : extreme dislike or antipathy : loathing <had a great hate of hard work>. 2.
    ‎Hate crime - ‎Hateable - ‎Hate sheet - ‎Hate out

Not Really the same.......
    Last edited by FlatsSteeler; 07-19-2014 at 07:14 PM.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    Merriam- Webster
    1dis&#183;dain noun \dis-ˈdān\
    : a feeling of strong dislike or disapproval of someone or something you think does not deserve respect

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hate
    a : intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury. b : extreme dislike or antipathy : loathing <had a great hate of hard work>. 2.
    ‎Hate crime - ‎Hateable - ‎Hate sheet - ‎Hate out

Not Really the same.......
    Try using the Thesaurus:

Synonyms for disdain
    noun hate; indifference
    antipathy
    arrogance
    aversion
    contempt
    derision
    dislike
    hatred
    pride
    ridicule
    scorn
    http://thesaurus.com/browse/disdain
    All of that is irrelevant though. You are arguing the degree that "disdain" is a synonym for "hate" and ignoring the larger point (that Pouncey has no say in if he is "overrated") because you know you are wrong. It is stupid to have "hate" or "disdain" for Pouncey because he was not the one touting him as the best center in the league during the first few seasons. Nor did Pouncey force Colbert and Tomlin to give him such a big contract.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Relaxed
    I certainly will not any longer argue semantics......nor will comment on "Your All Pro Center".....nothing will change my mind about Pouncey and I am sure you boys won't stop adoring him so the point is mute......One thing for sure I cheer for Laundry Black & Gold to be exact come game time as long as my Laundry has more points than the other teams Laundry I don't give a rats a$$ who is wearing it.......Carry On.......

My Mood
    Ratbirds

Your All Pro Center......

Again, you ignore the obvious point.

I would also love for you to provide one quote that shows I am "adoring Pouncey." It is a straw man.

In fact, I criticized the contract on this very forum the day he signed it.

Unfortunately for you, the truth does not support your narrative so you have to make things up.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Again, you ignore the obvious point.

I would also love for you to provide one quote that shows I am "adoring Pouncey." It is a straw man.

In fact, I criticized the contract on this very forum the day he signed it.

Unfortunately for you, the truth does not support your narrative so you have to make things up.
    I understood your point very clearly and don't dispute your comments, Pouncey is a Tomlin creation and my dislike for Tomlin is well noted as well along with the Rooneys.....I don't remember singling you out as one of the Pouncey adores(don't think that isa word) but if you consider yourself one of the boys so be it......I do remember you being against the Pouncey contract......as for the truth supporting my narrative I have no clue WTF your talking about, especially my disdain for Pouncey I am sure I didn't make that up I really don't like him......again I am not going to comment any further on "Your All Pro Center".......

Thread Information