Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: sorry if this was posted before. Ben griping about first round pick

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,301
    Deep ball is overrated as was Mike Wallace thus he's gone!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  2. #12
    Draft Pick Steeltrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Posts
    294
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollers View Post
    There is a valid argument that can be made for that, however I'm sticking with Bradshaw. He seemed to be able to hit the deep ball better and made some plays that I don't think Ben could make. Supporting offensive cast was much better and the running game was much more a part of the game. But I accept the fact that you could be right. I just disagree.
    agreed
    "I want to hit cha and hurt cha." Jack Lambert

  3. #13
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    5,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollers View Post
    There is a valid argument that can be made for that, however I'm sticking with Bradshaw. He seemed to be able to hit the deep ball better and made some plays that I don't think Ben could make. Supporting offensive cast was much better and the running game was much more a part of the game. But I accept the fact that you could be right. I just disagree.
    Understandable

  4. #14
    Chuck's Place ChucktownSteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,417
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Until Ben has 4 rings Terry is the best.

    Ben needs to shut up, study the play book, and be the best damn QB he can be. Enough with the drama.

    He has plenty of weapons, by the way Ben, Limus Sweed was tall. More to the WR position than height.

  5. #15
    Starter SteelCityKid5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    1,319
    It's the off season. It's ProFootballTalk. They need to generate clicks for their site. This isn't a "news story" 20+ years ago. Ben can what ever the hell he wants.

  6. #16
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    It's the off season. It's ProFootballTalk. They need to generate clicks for their site. This isn't a "news story" 20+ years ago. Ben can what ever the hell he wants.
    The story is true. And he said it this year. Of course he can say whatever he wants. Sometimes though you learn self control. Does it mean anything? Probably not. I just found it interesting that he is still willing to shoot from the hip like this. So if you're a receiver on the team what does his attitude say about the rest of the receivers? Maybe nothing. And you're right it's the offseason. I still found it interesting that a guy as good as Ben with his stature on the team is still struggling with a little hoof in mouth. All of this will be forgotten soon, if not already. I just found it interesting. Sorry.

  7. #17
    Starter SteelCityKid5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollers View Post
    The story is true. And he said it this year. Of course he can say whatever he wants. Sometimes though you learn self control. Does it mean anything? Probably not. I just found it interesting that he is still willing to shoot from the hip like this. So if you're a receiver on the team what does his attitude say about the rest of the receivers? Maybe nothing. And you're right it's the offseason. I still found it interesting that a guy as good as Ben with his stature on the team is still struggling with a little hoof in mouth. All of this will be forgotten soon, if not already. I just found it interesting. Sorry.
    No reason to apologize. I actually agree with you on one thing: Ben's inaccuracy with the deep ball. It's rather atrocious.

  8. #18
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    5,740
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Until Ben has 4 rings Terry is the best.
    That's a silly argument. So are you saying that Terry Bradshaw is AT WORST the 2nd best QB of all time? Because that's what it sounds like your argument is.

  9. #19
    Draft Pick NorCalSteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    295
    My Mood
    Pissedoff
    If we start measuring QB's by wins and championships like they should I would say he is pretty dam good. Would you rather be in Dan Marino's shoes have some of the best stats ever and never win the big game?? How good was he? best regular season QB ever? what do you get for that....

  10. #20
    Rookie Free Agent KevinE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    118

    sorry if this was posted before. Ben griping about first round pick

    This pissing match is debated every year.. Ben is a winner, point simple. Is he the best? Let's wait and see!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 3rd Round Pick - RB Dri Archer
    By igor0190 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 09:57 AM
  2. Kraig Urbik- 3rd round pick
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 06:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •