Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: santonio and james wanna come back home....

Bookmark and Share
    Starter

santonio and james wanna come back home....

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#axzz32P5Q36WE

By Mark Kaboly

Published: Tuesday, May 20, 2014, 8:12 p.m.
    Updated 7 hours ago

The two players who made the two most-important plays during the Steelers' last Super Bowl victory want to come back.

Cornerback Ike Taylor said Tuesday on his weekly TribLive Radio show that Santonio Holmes and James Harrison recently told him as much while they worked out in Orlando, Fla., with trainer Tom Shaw.

Taylor said his former teammates, who are free agents, would love to return to the Steelers.

“It's for sure the both of them want to come back. I've talked to both of them,” Taylor said.

Harrison, 36, played for the Cincinnati Bengals last season after spending his entire career with the Steelers.

Harrison, a former NFL Defensive Player of the Year, returned an interception 100 yards for a touchdown in Super Bowl XLIII against the Arizona Cardinals.

“(Harrison) still wants to play football, and of course his first option would be Pittsburgh,” Taylor said. “He came over to my house, and when he shook my hand, his hand felt like a brick. I told (him) he can't shake my hand like that anymore. He's probably in the best shape of his life. Right now he looks like the Hulk. He's been banged up, and he feels he has something to prove.”

Holmes, 30, played in only 12 games in 2013 for the New York Jets after suffering a foot injury a year earlier. Holmes, who caught the winning touchdown in Super Bowl XLIII, was released in March.

The Steelers traded Holmes to the Jets for a fifth-round draft pick in April 2010 after they learned he would be suspended four games during the upcoming season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

Mark Kaboly is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at mkaboly@tribweb.com or via Twitter @MarkKaboly_Trib.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz32P5v3itL
    Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Keep them in your back pocket, bring them in for league minimum in the event of any injuries.

My Mood
    Ornery
    Like two defiant kids who left the household telling their parents, " I don't need you! I can make it without you!" Now they want to come back home with their tails tucked between their legs. No.

No, and no...we're trying to get younger, remember?

Time for the young legs to step up, get all the reps they can

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
    Like two defiant kids who left the household telling their parents, " I don't need you! I can make it without you!" Now they want to come back home with their tails tucked between their legs. No.
    Except Santonio didn't leave, he was traded AND ended up getting a big contract while on NY.

Harrison I'd bring back as a situational pass rusher and mentor. No thanks on Holmes.

My Mood
    Ornery
    Holmes was a defiant rules breaker who facilitated his own leaving. He was a malcontent. Yeah he got a big contract. And now he's begging and pleading because he found the grass wasn't greener on the other side. No.

I admit Harrison has a better shot coming back but all that venom he was spuing when he got cut and then wanting to sign with division rivals only to get revenge against us still doesn't sit well with me. No.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
    Holmes was a defiant rules breaker who facilitated his own leaving. He was a malcontent. Yeah he got a big contract. And now he's begging and pleading because he found the grass wasn't greener on the other side. No.

I admit Harrison has a better shot coming back but all that venom he was spuing when he got cut and then wanting to sign with division rivals only to get revenge against us still doesn't sit well with me. No.
    Venom he was spewing? When did he publicly say anything bad about this team? And he signed with the Bengals because it was is best/only option. Saying Harrison signed with Cincy "just to get revenge" is ignorant.

The only times I ever saw Harrison even mention the Steelers was when he cried and said he missed LeBeau and when he was on NFLN and admitted he wanted to come back to Pittsburgh.

Even if he was privately mad at the team, he had every right to be. People bash players that hold out for the most possible guaranteed contract for not being "loyal" or "grateful" to the team, then they run around bashing a player for refusing to take a paycut resulting in their release. James Harrison is the perfect example of why bashing players for holdout is retarded. The guarantees money is really all that matters when it comes to contracts because once a team deems you unworthy of your "contract" anymore, they can just throw it away.

An Holmes was cut in NY. He didn't "realize the grass wasn't greener." He was tossed to the curb. People love to exaggerate and create drama where there isn't any... Holmes is "begging and pleading" though all we've seen is Ike Taylor saying Holmes would want to come back. Harrison was "spewing venom" though there isn't one quote from him bashing the team.
    Last edited by Big T; 05-22-2014 at 04:04 AM.

Dalton won the division... Harrison just reminded me of that again.. Sign in emergency only.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    I wouldn't want Holmes for any reason. And I honestly didn't see enough of James last year to know if he has anything left.....other than heart!

Can you imagine the stories James could tell if he was back in the Steelers locker room?

"Dudes, that team is so ****ed up! Marvin Lewis is a dipshit!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    "Dudes, that team is so ****ed up! Marvin Lewis is a dipshit!"
    Again, Dalton won the division.. We need to win the division to make fun of them. The AFCN is going to get rougher these next two years.

Thread Information