Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True?

Bookmark and Share
    ..:: SIXBURGH ::..

True?

Just read this on another Steelers board..

Saw this posted on another board, figured some of you locals might have the scoop. True? BS?

Steelers will have a 75th anniversary patch.

Also, on Pittsburgh radio on Junker and Crow the Steelers will go old school. The will have the old block lettering and the helmets will be gold and I thought they said with one black stripe down the middle. This is due to this being the 75th anniversary. Steelers.com hasn't confirmed, but i've been told Roethlisberger had some sort of Steelers jersey on Best Damn Sports Show with the new block lettering.

Quote Originally Posted by BR7 View Post
    Just read this on another Steelers board..

Saw this posted on another board, figured some of you locals might have the scoop. True? BS?

Steelers will have a 75th anniversary patch.

Also, on Pittsburgh radio on Junker and Crow the Steelers will go old school. The will have the old block lettering and the helmets will be gold and I thought they said with one black stripe down the middle. This is due to this being the 75th anniversary. Steelers.com hasn't confirmed, b ut i've been told Roethlisberger had some sort of Steelers jersey on Best Damn Sports Show with the new block lettering.
    Hmmm.... that is interesting. I didn't know it was teams 7th anniversary. If they do go back to block lettering, it would be cool, but I don't see it happening. The Steelers especially aren't changing to yellow helmets!! That is just ugly!!!!

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

gold helmets look badass on madden lol

How is it 75 years 33 to 07 is 74 isn't it????

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    How is it 75 years 33 to 07 is 74 isn't it????
    if you count it out, this is the 75th year.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Golden helmets might look badass on Madden but this ain't Madden. This is real life. This is black (helmet) and gold (stripe) period!!!!!

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    I saw Big Ben with the old school uni on Fox Sports but it seems odd to change it for one year and go back. I see this happening for one game but I could be totally wrong. Don't matter to me though as long as it is black and gold
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Steelers don't exactly change uniforms that often. I could see them maybe going back to the style they are talking about for a game or 2 but I doubt for the whole season. I could be wrong so we'll see.

House of Steel
    Wouldn't it be funny though if they went the whole season and we win Super Bowl XLII with those uniforms? Now what happens in 2008? Do we keep the streak going or go back to the other? Interesting thing to ponder.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    As long as they don't go back to those retro uniforms, with the "grey poupon" pants

Thread Information