Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone fear the Browns?

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    In no way you can compare a college defense to a pro defense. I'm sorry. This defense will be back to the gold ole days this season.

Tuitt will be opposite side of Heyward. NT is up in the air and we have solid depth on the defensive line now to rotate guys in. Josh Mauro has a motor on him if he makes the team. He can specialize in some packages to get after the QB. Our defense is way faster than what is was lastyear besides Troy and Ike.

DL is going to have some new schemes I believe this season with the additions of Shazier/Tuitt.

This team is way more athletic than what is has been in years past. It will be fast this season. That's for sure.

I never said this defense was a world beater, but to say or think this defense isn't going to nasty this season. Is a blind eye. If healthy. Could you imagine a blitz package with:

Tuitt/Heyward and have Worilds/Spence/Timmons/Shazier and Jarvis Jones?

I love Manziel, but his play style won't matter if he can't pass from the pocket. It's going to be tough in the NFL among the tress who are 6'6+.

The game is much faster also. Watch out for the fumbles also, have you ever seen him hold the ball out when scrambling? I don't care how big his hands are.

For the record I never compared a pro defense to a collegiate defense. What I said was facing the Bama defense in college, at his developmental level at the time, and with the overall talent level on his offense, isn't that much different than what he'll face (or most any QB for that matter) in the NFL. I cannot think of the proper wording to get the point across other than to suggest he will be playing with players that were better than he played with at A&M, so while the defenses are certainly tougher and more advanced, so will be the talent around him on his side of the ball.

What if, just what if he pulls off a miracle against us at the opener, would that make our defense not improved?. From the pocket or not, scrambling, broken plays and all, that's what he does, don't tell me that it's a lock that he won't be able to create anything positive against us. I wouldn't bet that he has a good game, and to say he will be overwhelmed is an understatement, but is it merely because it will be his first NFL start and all of the challenges that come with that, or because he's facing the VAUNTED Steeler defense in Heinz Field, in a divisional matchup? If he was playing on the road in say Seattle, I'd say that would be a considerably tougher contest for him.

And he won't be able to break contain? Again I wouldn't bet against it.......but we'll see.

No one thought Tebow would beat us, or Pryor, or Ponder.........
    Last edited by WindyCityShaker; 05-21-2014 at 11:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    And I have EVERY Steelers game on tape going back 20 years BEFORE Terry Bradshaw even picked up a football.

My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityShaker View Post
    No one said our defense wasn't going to be improved, come on be honest, unless they drafted all offense and signed only offensive FA's, that would be the only way our defense would have been equal to last year or worse; adding anyone of quality to last years crew would be a considerable upgrade.

What I don't like is how any criticism (better yet, even any factual data) that forces someone to put aside our love of the team and peek behind the curtains we don't always want to look behind, is viewed as "not believing". The FACT is we were horrible whenever it counted on D last year. The FACT is while we will be improved and on paper we made most of the right moves, until this rookie crop gets on the field and competes at this level (talent), gets in the film room at this level (aptitude, and discipline), and lives with the additional freedom, money, and responsibility (maturity) we don't know what we really have in these guys, but yes on paper we can bring the thunder............better than we have in years past.
    But there is no Factual data as of yet. I admit that. But we do know for a FACT, how Lebeau runs his system. And we do know that Lebeau and company know how to teach players (smart or dumb..see Joey Porter) to work in the system at a high level. This defense WILL be better then last years defense. Shazier and Tuitt are being given special attention and learning so they can be difference makers. And not to mention the maturation of Jones and Hayward too. I have faith in the defensive coaches knowing how to teach. Why shouldn't we?

I understand you basically implying, " Until they do it, we don't know" philosophy. I get it. But maybe I've got Black & Gold glasses on, but in my eyes, there is a 80/20 chance of Shazier/Tuitt succeeding in our defense. Not busting. Our defense will be our strength this season as the offense comes along. And I have just as much faith in Munchak putting our O-line back in order too. Barring injuries. Just my opinion.

I only fear a BROWN stain in my underpants.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I only fear a BROWN stain in my underpants.
    You need to eat more fiber.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    You need to eat more fiber.
    I do but a shart is a shart... lol
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityShaker View Post
    For the record I never compared a pro defense to a collegiate defense. What I said was facing the Bama defense in college, at his developmental level at the time, and with the overall talent level on his offense, isn't that much different than what he'll face (or most any QB for that matter) in the NFL. I cannot think of the proper wording to get the point across other than to suggest he will be playing with players that were better than he played with at A&M, so while the defenses are certainly tougher and more advanced, so will be the talent around him on his side of the ball.

What if, just what if he pulls off a miracle against us at the opener, would that make our defense not improved?. From the pocket or not, scrambling, broken plays and all, that's what he does, don't tell me that it's a lock that he won't be able to create anything positive against us. I wouldn't bet that he has a good game, and to say he will be overwhelmed is an understatement, but is it merely because it will be his first NFL start and all of the challenges that come with that, or because he's facing the VAUNTED Steeler defense in Heinz Field, in a divisional matchup? If he was playing on the road in say Seattle, I'd say that would be a considerably tougher contest for him.

And he won't be able to break contain? Again I wouldn't bet against it.......but we'll see.

No one thought Tebow would beat us, or Pryor, or Ponder.........
    Manziel has who on offense? Jordan Cameron/ I'll take Gordon off that list due to the fact that he will be suspended.

I worry more about the Browns defense than the offense, even with Manziel at the QB position. Like I also stated, watch out for the fumbles, he likes the carry the ball just like Vick.

I do but a shart is a shart... lol
    EXLAX lmfao

My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Manziel has who on offense? Jordan Cameron/ I'll take Gordon off that list due to the fact that he will be suspended.

I worry more about the Browns defense than the offense, even with Manziel at the QB position. Like I also stated, watch out for the fumbles, he likes the carry the ball just like Vick.
    I think we hang 27-30 points on the Browns. Their defense is good. But all defenses wear down from being on the field too much. All those three and outs will make it a long day on for the Cleveland Manziels.

Johnny dickball is listed as the 3rd string QB...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Johnny dickball is listed as the 3rd string QB...
    Which is meaningless 2 weeks after the draft. If this was mid-preseason then it would mean something.

Thread Information