Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 116

Thread: Does anyone fear the Browns?

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,611
    Fear the Browns? Look at their skill position players. Who's scary in that group now? Hahahaha. After we smash them in the season opener, Browns fans will fear the Browns. LOL
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  2. #12
    Starter igor0190's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coldest Major City in the WORLD
    Posts
    1,406
    It would be awesome if they started Manziel week 1!

  3. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,885
    In the immoral words of George Carlin, The sun even shines on a dogs *** sometimes (Jersey Girl, so technically, I guess they were Kevin Smith's words, but Carlin spoke them.)

  4. #14
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,937
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Johnny Football!

    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  5. #15
    Assistant Coach steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,184
    I'll be there for the opener against the Stains. Glad I bought my tickets before the draft, as they will now go up in price even more.

    I can not wait to witness Manziel get made a fool of by our defense the first game of the season. He hasn't seen a defense like this in college.

    He won't be contained and get out either like he did in college.

  6. #16
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    He hasn't seen a defense like this in college.

    He won't be contained and get out either like he did in college.
    For the level of competition in college I would say Bama's defense was pretty darn good. It's not like our defense is a bunch of world beaters anymore, sure we'll be good against Cleveland because, well it's Cleveland, but it's not like we're the scariest defense on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    And I have EVERY Steelers game on tape going back 20 years BEFORE Terry Bradshaw even picked up a football.

  7. #17
    Assistant Coach steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,184
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityShaker View Post
    For the level of competition in college I would say Bama's defense was pretty darn good. It's not like our defense is a bunch of world beaters anymore, sure we'll be good against Cleveland because, well it's Cleveland, but it's not like we're the scariest defense on the planet.
    In no way you can compare a college defense to a pro defense. I'm sorry. This defense will be back to the gold ole days this season.

    Tuitt will be opposite side of Heyward. NT is up in the air and we have solid depth on the defensive line now to rotate guys in. Josh Mauro has a motor on him if he makes the team. He can specialize in some packages to get after the QB. Our defense is way faster than what is was lastyear besides Troy and Ike.

    DL is going to have some new schemes I believe this season with the additions of Shazier/Tuitt.

    This team is way more athletic than what is has been in years past. It will be fast this season. That's for sure.

    I never said this defense was a world beater, but to say or think this defense isn't going to nasty this season. Is a blind eye. If healthy. Could you imagine a blitz package with:

    Tuitt/Heyward and have Worilds/Spence/Timmons/Shazier and Jarvis Jones?

    I love Manziel, but his play style won't matter if he can't pass from the pocket. It's going to be tough in the NFL among the tress who are 6'6+.

    The game is much faster also. Watch out for the fumbles also, have you ever seen him hold the ball out when scrambling? I don't care how big his hands are.

  8. #18
    Draft Pick greg1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Woodbridge VA
    Posts
    359
    No...they are the Browns:
    That draft the third rated CB when ALL of the top guys were on the board. And by the way, the one that dosen't tackle.

    They draft draft a 5' nothing QB that under 200 lbs that best attitubute is running around and making plays. Doesn't hit the WR on time, passes up the open guy to make a bigger play, which was to throw it up to a 6'5" WR most of the time.

    They know that their best WR may be out for the year, don't draft: Walkins, Lee, Beckham, Benjamin, Cook, or any other almost 20 WR drafted.

  9. #19
    Draft Pick Steeltrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Posts
    365
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    In no way you can compare a college defense to a pro defense. I'm sorry. This defense will be back to the gold ole days this season.

    Tuitt will be opposite side of Heyward. NT is up in the air and we have solid depth on the defensive line now to rotate guys in. Josh Mauro has a motor on him if he makes the team. He can specialize in some packages to get after the QB. Our defense is way faster than what is was lastyear besides Troy and Ike.

    DL is going to have some new schemes I believe this season with the additions of Shazier/Tuitt.

    This team is way more athletic than what is has been in years past. It will be fast this season. That's for sure.

    I never said this defense was a world beater, but to say or think this defense isn't going to nasty this season. Is a blind eye. If healthy. Could you imagine a blitz package with:

    Tuitt/Heyward and have Worilds/Spence/Timmons/Shazier and Jarvis Jones?

    I love Manziel, but his play style won't matter if he can't pass from the pocket. It's going to be tough in the NFL among the tress who are 6'6+.

    The game is much faster also. Watch out for the fumbles also, have you ever seen him hold the ball out when scrambling? I don't care how big his hands are.
    Seems there are non-believers in the defense. Looking at it position by position, I don't see how someone can't see how improved we are going to be on defense. There are questions on offense I admit. But I have no reservations that the pass rush is back now. Hayward, Tuitt, Shazier will bring the Thunder with a lot of speed and power. Making the secondaries life a whole lot easier and the secondary is better with Mitchell. If you go to youtube and look at Mitchell, you'll see a guy who knows where the ball is going to be and he will come up and lay a hit on you too.

    We will beat the Browns in the opeaner..and then, we will put shear terror in Flacco's face when he sees all those Steelers coming at him and he throws the usual interception. Just like old times.

  10. #20
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
    Seems there are non-believers in the defense. Looking at it position by position, I don't see how someone can't see how improved we are going to be on defense. There are questions on offense I admit. But I have no reservations that the pass rush is back now. Hayward, Tuitt, Shazier will bring the Thunder with a lot of speed and power. Making the secondaries life a whole lot easier and the secondary is better with Mitchell. If you go to youtube and look at Mitchell, you'll see a guy who knows where the ball is going to be and he will come up and lay a hit on you too.

    We will beat the Browns in the opeaner..and then, we will put shear terror in Flacco's face when he sees all those Steelers coming at him and he throws the usual interception. Just like old times.
    No one said our defense wasn't going to be improved, come on be honest, unless they drafted all offense and signed only offensive FA's, that would be the only way our defense would have been equal to last year or worse; adding anyone of quality to last years crew would be a considerable upgrade.

    What I don't like is how any criticism (better yet, even any factual data) that forces someone to put aside our love of the team and peek behind the curtains we don't always want to look behind, is viewed as "not believing". The FACT is we were horrible whenever it counted on D last year. The FACT is while we will be improved and on paper we made most of the right moves, until this rookie crop gets on the field and competes at this level (talent), gets in the film room at this level (aptitude, and discipline), and lives with the additional freedom, money, and responsibility (maturity) we don't know what we really have in these guys, but yes on paper we can bring the thunder............better than we have in years past.
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    And I have EVERY Steelers game on tape going back 20 years BEFORE Terry Bradshaw even picked up a football.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Fear factors
    By Scorp in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 12:59 PM
  2. Fear of Flying
    By Iron City South in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 07:33 PM
  3. Why not to fear the Bengals
    By suitanim in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-21-2006, 10:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •