Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: 2nd Round Pick - DE Stephon Tuitt

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    466
    Usain Bolt would tear Archer up in a 40 yard dash, maybe we should see if he wants to change careers.
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    And I have EVERY Steelers game on tape going back 20 years BEFORE Terry Bradshaw even picked up a football.

  2. #22
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityShaker View Post
    Usain Bolt would tear Archer up in a 40 yard dash, maybe we should see if he wants to change careers.
    And he probably outweighs him by 50 pounds. They didn't learn anything from the pedestrian production from Smurf Rainey. I can't believe there's a Steeler I outweigh by 30 lbs.

  3. #23
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    526
    Bryant may still be there when we pick in the fourth. I kind of like that guy in round 4.

  4. #24
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    257
    Love the Tuitt pick! Love it.

  5. #25
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    My Mood
    Ratbirds

    2nd Round Pick - DE Stephon Tuitt

    Quote Originally Posted by KemoTherapy View Post
    And he probably outweighs him by 50 pounds. They didn't learn anything from the pedestrian production from Smurf Rainey. I can't believe there's a Steeler I outweigh by 30 lbs.
    I do not believe that comparing him to Rainey is fair. Did Rainey ever line up in the slot? Even in the backfield, the thought of a LB having to cover him on a route brings a smile. I am not confident in the choice but Archer has huge potential. I actually liked the pick pre-draft, just in round 5 where there is less risk.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  6. #26
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    I do not believe that comparing him to Rainey is fair. Did Rainey ever line up in the slot? Even in the backfield, the thought of a LB having to cover him on a route brings a smile. I am not confident in the choice but Archer has huge potential. I actually liked the pick pre-draft, just in round 5 where there is less risk.
    Well said, I think the majority here said he's someone we wanted, but yes anywhere from round 5 and on. I think he moved way up on a lot of draft boards and that "pressured" us to have to respond?.................He'd have to be awfully good to produce a worthy ROI.
    Quote Originally Posted by questforSB7 View Post
    And I have EVERY Steelers game on tape going back 20 years BEFORE Terry Bradshaw even picked up a football.

  7. #27
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,964
    Quote Originally Posted by KemoTherapy View Post
    And he probably outweighs him by 50 pounds. They didn't learn anything from the pedestrian production from Smurf Rainey. I can't believe there's a Steeler I outweigh by 30 lbs.
    if your 5'4 you need to think about a diet dude.

  8. #28
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    400
    5'10".

  9. #29
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,670
    Shazier and Tuitt are such tremendous additions to the defense. Going to bolster the pass rush very soon. Tuitt is such a perfect fit across from Heyward. Holy **** I'm so happy

  10. #30
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,964
    “It’s been super crazy,” said Tuitt, the defensive end from Notre Dame. “I think this is a blessing. I can’t wait to get to work and start producing and helping the team.

    “It’s kind of surreal. People have made comments that make me aware it’s a business, a job. But at the same time I am here to enjoy myself. I am 20 years old, I am loving life and I am part of the Steelers. I am just excited to play some football."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Dennard/Tuitt met with Steelers today
    By steelchamp204 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2014, 02:31 PM
  2. Kraig Urbik- 3rd round pick
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 06:08 PM
  3. Mike Wallace (WR)2nd 3 round pick
    By Captcoolhand in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 01:33 PM
  4. Steelers eye several positions for first-round pick
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 09:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •