Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shazier over Mosley????

Bookmark and Share
    Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Shazier over Mosley????

Is Tomlin trying to get fired???? Who the hell is Ryan Shazier? What is this crap????
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Rookie Free Agent
    Ugh. Listen, before you or anyone else who unfortunately knows enough about the internet to find the Post-Gazette hang yourselves, look him up. He's fast. He's explosive. He can defend the run he is great in pass pro, and he can rush the passer. CJ Mosley cannot do all of these things. If they were going to go ILB at any point early in the draft, he would be the optimal pick.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SCR View Post
    Ugh. Listen, before you or anyone else who unfortunately knows enough about the internet to find the Post-Gazette hang yourselves, look him up. He's fast. He's explosive. He can defend the run he is great in pass pro, and he can rush the passer. CJ Mosley cannot do all of these things. If they were going to go ILB at any point early in the draft, he would be the optimal pick.
    He can take on/shed blocks. He needs to put on some weight.

Banned
    Flashes ability to sink and uncoil on offensive linemen. Presses blocks and makes it tough to lock on. Also has become savvier in this department. Is learning when to give up leverage in order to disengage and pursue. However, size is an issue. Lacks adequate lower-body strength and mass at this point. Gets swallowed up by offensive linemen when forced to play in phone booth. Compensates by using quick hands and feet to slip blocks in tight quarters.

Per ESPN.

Like I said, needs to bulk up some. But Steelers probably could have traded back to get him. Possibly.

Rookie Free Agent
    Maaayyyybe. Takes two teams to trade anyway, and I'm not sure if he would get past Baltimore or Cincinnati

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    There was no talk about him leading up to the draft. None... and this pick is the only player they blew off with nothing to say in the first 20 picks. They called his name and moved on. Why??? Cuz they could have gotten this bust in the second or third round. Stupid, waste of a first round pick.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Banned
    Maaayyyybe. Takes two teams to trade anyway, and I'm not sure if he would get past Baltimore or Cincinnati
    You're worried that Baltimore would take Shazier?? hahaha. I'm not even worried they even took Mosley.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar

Sharzier is almost 5 pounds heavier yet he runs a 4.3 while mosely runs a 4.6. We needed speed but who's going to be at the "Hulk" position?? This pick makes a little more sense a year from now if Timmons walked but his speed is definitely needed. Tell you one thing, the Ravens would have taken Sharzier.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    You're worried that Baltimore would take Shazier?? hahaha. I'm not even worried they even took Mosley.
    Well, no it wouldn't bother me if they took him, but if they were going to trade back I don't believe he would have been there.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    There was no talk about him leading up to the draft. None... and this pick is the only player they blew off with nothing to say in the first 20 picks. They called his name and moved on. Why??? Cuz they could have gotten this bust in the second or third round. Stupid, waste of a first round pick.
    No they couldn't have. A 240lb LB with his collegiate production and his workout numbers does not last until the 2nd or 3rd round.

And there was most definitely talk of him prior to the draft. He was one of the first players they had in for a visit.

Most importantly though, what makes you so sure that he will be a bust?

Thread Information