Sunday, August 20, 2006

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Were the Steelers unveiling a new wrinkle or merely giving quarterback Ben Roethlisberger some work in the hurry-up offense?

Whichever, offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt had Roethlisberger use a no-huddle offense for the Steelers' first series, which lasted six plays and resulted in a 16-yard touchdown pass to receiver Cedrick Wilson.

"We worked on it in training camp and Ben expressed an interest in wanting to do that," Whisenhunt said. "That's the key. I think Ben has progressed with it."

Whisenhunt said the no-huddle offense he used in last night's 17-10 loss to the Minnesota Vikings at Heinz Field is not the same as the one-minute offense the Steelers use at the end of a half.

Will the Steelers use more of no-huddle once the regular season begins?

"It depends on how we execute," said Roethlisberger, who completed 3 of 4 passes for 30 yards without an interception. "If we keep executing how we are, I think it could be a major weapon for us."

Whisenhunt said, "It will be part of our package."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06232/715023-66.stm

Im surprised with showing the no huddle in preseason like that. Im glad we have it and the team really seems to do well with it. Ben was pretty solid and accurate. You gotta practice it some time I guess but still it just struck me as alittle odd to see us come right out w/ the no huddle the very first drive.