Thread: Some WRs Steelers could take in the Draft..

Bookmark and Share
    orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook

Some WRs Steelers could take in the Draft..

Here are some of the WRs I wouldn't mind us taking in the Draft this year, comment if you want to add anyone or disagree with the list. I'll give 10 now just to be clear these can be taken any round, these are in no order but obvious Benjamin and Evans would be at 15.

1.)Kelvin Benjamin: Florida State
    2.)Donte Moncrief: Ole Miss
    3.)Jordan Matthews: Vandy
    4.)Mike Evans: Texas A&M
    5.)Allen Robinson: Penn State
    6.)Brandon Coleman: Rutgers
    7.)Cody Hoffman: BYU
    8.)Devin Street: Pitt
    9.)Cody Latimer: Indiana
    10.)Davante Adams: Fresno St.

I despise Coleman, just because watching him I do not see anything that resembles a good player.

Glad Martavius Bryant isnt on the list....seeing him mocked to the steelers in the second round lately and it makes me want to throw up

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I despise Coleman, just because watching him I do not see anything that resembles a good player.

Glad Martavius Bryant isnt on the list....seeing him mocked to the steelers in the second round lately and it makes me want to throw up
    I really put Coleman on the list because he's 6'6 thats why. I really like for a later round guy Cody Hoffman I have since last season liked him at BYU, his problem this year was his quarterback sucked big time. Bryant I don't know him at Clemson it was easy to get open because everyone was so worried about Watkins.

Banned

i like Bryant... in the 3rd
    i like Coleman... in the 5th
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 04-07-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    i like Bryant... in the 3rd
    i like Coleman... in the 5th
    Bryant = Terrence Tolliver

He has no future in the NFL. Maybe take him in the 6th or 7th in hopes you can develop him into something that can hide his deficiencies. Poor route runner, weak, doesnt win jump balls, guy you can stick to in coverage very easily.

6-5 200 pounds very rarely cuts it in the NFL. THat decent straight line speed wont help him not look retarded in and out of his cuts

Banned
    Bryant = Terrence Tolliver

He has no future in the NFL. Maybe take him in the 6th or 7th in hopes you can develop him into something that can hide his deficiencies. Poor route runner, weak, doesnt win jump balls, guy you can stick to in coverage very easily.

6-5 200 pounds very rarely cuts it in the NFL. THat decent straight line speed wont help him not look retarded in and out of his cuts
    be careful, Tarlsqtr may be watching

After your Bryant/Tolliver comparison... did you start talking about Coleman? I'd agree with you if you are talking about Coleman, and would think you drank the loony juice if you were talking about Bryant

Bryant is 6'4 211

I'd compare Bryant to Terrance Williams coming out of Baylor. Same wide open offense that didn't feature much of a route tree... it was down field or quick screens.... like at Clemson. Williams fell to the 3rd... and started showing what developing raw talent can look like if it can be done

Bryant is a legit deep threat. He is a dangerous long strider and has serious ups. He's been stuck behind 2 studs in Hopkins and Watkins.

I agree with your criticisms if they were of Coleman

Rookie Free Agent
    I would like moncrief or matthews in the second round

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    be careful, Tarlsqtr may be watching

After your Bryant/Tolliver comparison... did you start talking about Coleman? I'd agree with you if you are talking about Coleman, and would think you drank the loony juice if you were talking about Bryant

Bryant is 6'4 211

I'd compare Bryant to Terrance Williams coming out of Baylor. Same wide open offense that didn't feature much of a route tree... it was down field or quick screens.... like at Clemson. Williams fell to the 3rd... and started showing what developing raw talent can look like if it can be done

Bryant is a legit deep threat. He is a dangerous long strider and has serious ups. He's been stuck behind 2 studs in Hopkins and Watkins.

I agree with your criticisms if they were of Coleman
    If he's drafted in the second or third round he will end up in the Dwayne Jarrett/James hardy/Ramses barden/lomas sweed category of player. I feel like he's most similar to James hardy out of that group

Although wide open offense behind a couple studs sounds an awful lot like rollover sitting behind some pretty high draft picks at LSU, to be fair Williams was behind wright and Gordon at Baylor so I get it. Williams to be is much more well put together

Banned

Some WRs Steelers could take in the Draft..

I was totally serious... I really thought you must have been talking about Coleman...

Jeez you are way off...

If I recall correctly, you were a big Justin Hunter fan... Bryant is very comparable.

It's weird that you are so high Moncrief who has the worst flaw in this entire pool of 2nd/3rd tier talent... But so low on Bryant.

Of your 4 "he's going to suck" comparisons, Limas Sweed is the only one that makes sense from a skill set/style of play/weaknesses perspective

He's not even half the player sweed was in college, who despite his flaws was a man among boys in the big 10.

I didn't think tolliver was draftable. I think Bryant is, but he's a 5th round guy at best. He's gained some steam after running a sneaky good time but he doesn't play that fast and he has a very weak and easily over powered body, and he's not very good at using his size to make contested jump ball grabs. A whole lot of blah to Bryant's game IMO

Coleman is just terrible. He will have no business on an NFL roster.

Thread Information