Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possibilty of El coming home?

Bookmark and Share
    Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
    lmao i know that, but i want holmes playing across from ward and focusing on catching us lots of TDs, i want els returning numbers back, i dont care who is doing it i just want our ST to be good again lol
    So santonio can't be no. 2 WR and return punts? El did.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    So santonio can't be no. 2 WR and return punts? El did.
    el also only had 1 TD and 35 catches

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ok, Santonio Holmes is a very good WR and he made alot of strides this year as a WR. But I don't want him returning punts at all. I know he was better toward the end of the year as a returner but all those fumbles shows Holmes doesn't have that feel for punt returning. So have it and some don't. As for El coming back to the Steelers. I know I would rather have him then Wilson as a WR and then El could go back to returning punts.

But I still want to see what a healthy Willie Reid can do. If he can stay healthy and become the punt returner he was at Florida State then there would be no need to bring back El.

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    I'd love to see El back in the black-n-gold. But it isn't gonna happen. The Skins been digging themselves a hole for the last 6 or so years. "Trying to buy a championship."

I think they'd take a huge cap hit for releasing/trading him. Which would make that deep hole even deeper. They have some major problems and thats what he gets for being greedy. See ya El.

El would be nice but I'd like to see how Reid does at returning too. Honestly I think we have enough talent at Receiver and plus even if Wash. cut El, Rooney wouldn't be willing to pick him up for what Wash paid for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Ok, Santonio Holmes is a very good WR and he made alot of strides this year as a WR. But I don't want him returning punts at all. I know he was better toward the end of the year as a returner but all those fumbles shows Holmes doesn't have that feel for punt returning. So have it and some don't. As for El coming back to the Steelers. I know I would rather have him then Wilson as a WR and then El could go back to returning punts.

But I still want to see what a healthy Willie Reid can do. If he can stay healthy and become the punt returner he was at Florida State then there would be no need to bring back El.
    i agree

Santonio should only focus on being a WR, i hope Reid come back, but there have been ZERO reports on his injury since it happened, it mightve been another cowher thing, he didnt dress him till midseason which tells me he didnt want him to play regardless because of his love affair with colclough. Reid says he doesnt like returning kicks and punts....he loves it, thats an attidtude i want in a return man.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
    el also only had 1 TD and 35 catches
    Nothing El coulda done about that, he didn't ge thrown to that often.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Like someone else said, El made his decision and left for greener pastures. He got the greener alright but it wasn't on the field. I'm not saying him staying would've got us another championship but he chose the money over the possibility of another Lombardi.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Unless ARE would come back for a mad cheap money, no thanks. We're doing well with our guys, and we still haven't tapped Reids potential yet

Thread Information