Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Top 15 (Steelers Big Board)

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Here's a better summary...

1. NPB makes some generic/grandiose statements (the likes of which populate most threads/discussions)
    2. The Professor makes his entrance to disagree and uses external sources in his support
    3. NPB questions those external sources (validly - Pettigrew, grandiose - Gabbert)
    4. The Professor takes a stab at introducing actual on field commentary
    5. NPB goes the full 9 yards with game by game recaps (expecting similar effort)
    6. The Professor regresses to more comfortable ground (nothingburgers - mayock, Jared Cook) and attempts to re-balance in his native environment (classroom, proper structure of argument)
    7. NPB Prods for a shift to where the debate belongs - the tape
    8. The Professor spends multiple days dodging the Tape, and reiterating his classroom excercises.
    Funny, you did not quote the posts to support a single part of your "summary."

There is a reason that I quoted the conversation directly in chronological order and fully up to the part in question and you provide a useless, one-sided, and dishonest "summary." You need subterfuge to save face.

the more gross your insults get, the more you continue to type out your rhetoric... the more obvious it is that you know you've lost
    Actually, the more you fall into form, the more right I look. From almost 2 months ago:

Feel free to declare victory as you are wont to do...http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/...l=1#post573262
    As I said even back then, it is the last line of all of your dramas.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    it's about 4 pages now consisting of

NPB : "Let's talk about Ebron"
    Tarlsqte : "No, You're stupid"
    NPB : "Watch the Tape"
    NPB : "Did you watch the tape yet?"
    LOL Well, you have to admit, it is pretty "stupid" for you to be debating a point in post 77 that I conceded in post 35. I already said that my language about Ebron's drops was not precise enough but you feel the need to keep it going as a fig leaf for your 45 other stupid comments.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach

Top 15 (Steelers Big Board)

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    LOL Well, you have to admit, it is pretty "stupid" for you to be debating a point in post 77 that I conceded in post 35. I already said that my language about Ebron's drops was not precise enough but you feel the need to keep it going as a fig leaf for your 45 other stupid comments.
    Good, you've retracted the only game specific comment you made about Ebron. Let me know if you watch the tape and want to try again.
    Return of the Banana

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Good, you've retracted the only game specific comment you made about Ebron. Let me know if you watch the tape and want to try again.
    Three days ago. You were too busy hiding under the table from your own stupid comments to notice. If you want to watch the tape and tell us how "Ebron=Cook" and how Mayock's comments about him are "over the top", please try again. I have not seen one "game specific comment" from you on either topic.

Assistant Coach
    Correct, this is now settled
    You took back specific comments you made about tape (because they were wrong, and you made them up)
    Cook/Mayock is not game specific commentary.... it's a label... a ball park for where my position rests.... once challenged, I gave you the meat and since then you've shut your trap ABOUT Ebron and instead gone on an embarrassingly long and committed tangent about me... which is fine. It just shows everyone how fake your football opinions are.
    Return of the Banana

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Correct, this is now settled
    You took back specific comments you made about tape (because they were wrong, and you made them up)
    Cook/Mayock is not game specific commentary.... it's a label... a ball park for where my position rests.... once challenged, I gave you the meat and since then you've shut your trap ABOUT Ebron and instead gone on an embarrassingly long and committed tangent about me... which is fine. It just shows everyone how fake your football opinions are.
    How dumb (It is not an insult. It is a description). 99 percent of the conversations here are not "game specific commentary" and you are active in almost all of them. Again, you try to narrow down the conversation into a sliver where you think you have an argument. It allows you to ignore all of the stupid things you say.

As far as "meat." There has never been any meat given by you regarding why "Ebron=Cook". Little "game specific commentary" of their play. Little "game specific commentary" of of why Mayock's comments are "over the top." Saying merely that Ebron drops too many passes proves little towards either question. Both are the ORIGINAL issues before you decided to run down your back alley.

And isn't it funny how YOU are the only one allowed "labels" without "game specific commentary."

At least RDS has a consistency to his stupidity.

Assistant Coach
    How dumb (It is not an insult. It is a description). 99 percent of the conversations here are not "game specific commentary" and you are active in almost all of them.
    correct

and when you make a big deal out of that type of commentary, we either move to the tape... or we move on. YOU moved to the tape (at least you pretended to) and you got embarrassed by someone who wasn't talking out of their ***... and since then you've tried to move back to the "generic commentary", where being mildly intelligent and having a bit of a clue about football allows you to be a confident pretender

Again, you try to narrow down the conversation into a sliver where you think you have an argument. It allows you to ignore all of the stupid things you say.
    it allows me to move on from the stupid **** you want to argue about.

As far as "meat." There has never been any meat given by you regarding why "Ebron=Cook".
    it's not a meaty argument. it was a one off comment framing the type of player I believe Ebron to be. You challenege that (with nothing but made up intangible nonsese - "Cook doesn't try hard" - or something meaningless like that. And from that point we move to the tape... where you tried to fake it... you got called out... and you've behaved like a baby ever since.
    generic comment

Little "game specific commentary" of their play. Little "game specific commentary" of of why Mayock's comments are "over the top." Saying merely that Ebron drops too many passes proves little towards either question. Both are the ORIGINAL issues before you decided to run down your back alley.
    they are not the issues. they are fragments of the narrative... they just happen to be the fragments that you want to discuss. They are your Arch Deluxe

And isn't it funny how YOU are the only one allowed "labels" without "game specific commentary."
    You are allowed to make a fool of yourself repeating your Cook/Mayock debate over and over and over.

At least RDS has a consistency to his stupidity.
    tell us more about how much you know about Ebron, just so you can take it back when it's shown false

keep it coming, maybe your 50th post on the topic will be your first one on the topic
    Return of the Banana

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    LOL Same old nonsense.

You made a comment "Ebron=Cook." You made the comment, "Mayock's assessment is "over the top." "50 posts later", you still have not told us why other than Ebron has too many drops, a point you made, I challenged, and then conceded 50 posts ago. Of course none of that means I did not watch any tape, or that Ebron=Cook, or that Mayock is over the top. You just pretend it does.

In order to "win" a debate, you are forced to lie, ignore the original argument, concentrate on minutiae, call things "semantics" that are not (although I suspect that is ignorance on your part to the meaning of the word), complain about talk of "logical fallacies" (something you have done repeatedly in the past when complaining about red herrings and straw men, but again when you complained they were probably just words you heard and did not even know that they are logical fallacies), and bluster.

Unfortunately, for once it has not worked out too well for you...

Assistant Coach
    LOL Same old nonsense.

You made a comment "Ebron=Cook." You made the comment, "Mayock's assessment is "over the top." "50 posts later", you still have not told us why other than Ebron has too many drops, a point you made, I challenged, and then conceded 50 posts ago. Of course none of that means I did not watch any tape, or that Ebron=Cook, or that Mayock is over the top. You just pretend it does.

In order to "win" a debate, you are forced to lie, ignore the original argument, concentrate on minutiae, call things "semantics" that are not (although I suspect that is ignorance on your part to the meaning of the word), complain about talk of "logical fallacies" (something you have done repeatedly in the past when complaining about red herrings and straw men, but again when you complained they were probably just words you heard and did not even know that they are logical fallacies), and bluster.

Unfortunately, for once it has not worked out too well for you...

Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 04-07-2014 at 11:48 AM.
    Return of the Banana

Assistant Coach
    Since using what others have to say, is the Tarlqtr way...

Strengths
    Positives: Rare athlete. Good burst off the line of scrimmage to challenge the seam and can throttle down, sink his hips and create separation against even athletic defenders. Flashes natural hands for the reception. Can snatch passes outside of his frame due to his long arms and big hands. Good elusiveness after the catch and can accelerate past defenders for long gains. Good burst off the snap to get to the second level. Has the lateral agility to mirror and effectively block defenders in space.
    Negatives: Not necessarily the sum of his parts. Relies on his athleticism rather than technique to get off the line of scrimmage. Can make the spectacular catch, but is prone to lapses in concentration. Marginal effort and effectiveness as a blocker, especially in close quarters.
    Return of the Banana

Thread Information